Subscribed topic notification emails?

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Subscribed topic notification emails?

Post by RobJN » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 pm

Hiya, Admins

I'm subscribed to a handful of topics, and up until yesterday-ish or so, I've stopped receiving email notifications.

It looks like it's also affected PM inbox notifications. The last emails I got from the Piazza were on Thursday, 5 Sept, at a bit after 7 a.m., Central Daylight time (so...1 pm-ish, across the pond?)
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Subscribed topic notification emails?

Post by Big Mac » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:21 pm

RobJN wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 pm
Hiya, Admins

I'm subscribed to a handful of topics, and up until yesterday-ish or so, I've stopped receiving email notifications.

It looks like it's also affected PM inbox notifications. The last emails I got from the Piazza were on Thursday, 5 Sept, at a bit after 7 a.m., Central Daylight time (so...1 pm-ish, across the pond?)
Hmm. Interestsing.

Can you check the notification settings to see if they have flipped from "Send me an email" to "Send me a forum notification?"

Can you check to see if your email provider has decided to label emails from The Piazza as spam, and put them in your junkmail forum?

I'll try sending you a copy of this reply as an email, to see if that gets through.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:48 am

Big Mac wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:21 pm
RobJN wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 pm
Hiya, Admins

Hmm. Interestsing.

Can you check the notification settings to see if they have flipped from "Send me an email" to "Send me a forum notification?"

Can you check to see if your email provider has decided to label emails from The Piazza as spam, and put them in your junkmail forum?

I'll try sending you a copy of this reply as an email, to see if that gets through.
Email notifications are checked for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed," "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed," and "Someone sends you a private message."

The Piazza's domain is not in my junk mail filtering.
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:46 am

Did you get the email? I got the copy of the email?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 pm

I got nothin'
Rob

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:05 pm

RobJN wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 pm
I got nothin'
OK. We have a maintenance closure coming up. (Chimpman said he could help us at the end of September. There might be a minor update we can pull down that might change how this works for you.)

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks, as ever :D
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Still not getting any notification emails. I unsubscribed from a few topics, then re-subscribed, also un-checked/re-checked options from the Control Panel.
Rob

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:08 am

RobJN wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:51 pm
Still not getting any notification emails. I unsubscribed from a few topics, then re-subscribed, also un-checked/re-checked options from the Control Panel.
Thanks for lettinng us know.

I'll have to do some digging.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Testing notifications.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Still nothing :(
Rob

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:30 pm

RobJN wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:39 pm
Still nothing :(
We did a bit of tinkering and this seems to be your old email provider using the MInd Bondage spell on emails from The Piazza.

Are you getting your notification emails now?

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Notifications are coming through on the other email acct, yes.

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the digging/help :D
Rob

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:35 pm

RobJN wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:31 pm
Notifications are coming through on the other email acct, yes.

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the digging/help :D
It's no trouble.

If there is a problem we want to fix it.

We will have to remember this, in case other people have email companies that steal Piazza emails from their Inbox.

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”