You choose The Piazza's next forum! (finished)

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.

Which forum should The Piazza set up next?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Chainmail Campaign Setting
13%
Conan Campaign Setting
36%
Ghostwalk Campaign Setting
15%
Pathfinder Campaign Setting
26%
Sovereign Stone Campaign Setting
10%

Total votes: 39

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

You choose The Piazza's next forum! (finished)

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:40 pm

This vote-off has now finished. You can see the winning announcement in this post. For the new vote-off, please see You choose The Piazza's next forum II!

It is forum creation time at The Piazza! We have five campaign settings that might qualify for a new forum, but this time we are going to let you vote for which one is the next setting to get its own forum.

We have a shortlist of settings that are candidates to get the next forum at The Piazza. The settings are:
  • Chainmail Campaign Setting*
  • Conan Campaign Setting
  • Ghostwalk Campaign Setting
  • Pathfinder Campaign Setting**
  • Sovereign Stone Campaign Setting
* = The 3rd Edition D&D Chainmail product line was set on the same planet as Greyhawk, and voting for this option would be a vote for a subforum in the Greyhawk forum.
** = If Pathfinder wins, the current Pathfinder forum would become a forum for discussion of the Pathfinder RPG rules and all topics relating to the Pathfinder Campaign Setting would be split off into their own forum.

There is a poll above this post. You can vote for one setting, and one setting only.

The poll will run for the next five days. You can change your vote at any time during the next five days. Once the poll expires, the votes will be counted and the setting with the most votes will get its own forum.

This vote-off has now finished. You can see the winning announcement in this post. For the new vote-off, please see You choose The Piazza's next forum II!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: You choose The Piazza's next forum!

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:58 pm

My vote is cast!
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:25 pm

I voted! :)
Angel Tarragon wrote:My vote is cast!
Thanks Angel.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 pm

I voted, and so far, I'm winning! :mrgreen:

Falconer
Hill Giant

Post by Falconer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 pm

CONAN, because it best qualifies as an “Old D&D Campaign World” (it is included in OD&D Supplement IV, 1976; it had three AD&D modules: CB1, CB2, and RS1, in 1984-86; and of course the huge Mongoose d20 line from 2004-09) and because its appeal has been apparent for decades and will continue, one can assume, for centuries to come!
Beggar’s Canyon 90s Star Wars
Old School Trek Star Trek TOS+OSR
Knights & Knaves Alehouse Old School GYGAXIAN games

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Falconer wrote:CONAN, because it best qualifies as an “Old D&D Campaign World” (it is included in OD&D Supplement IV, 1976; it had three AD&D modules: CB1, CB2, and RS1, in 1984-86; and of course the huge Mongoose d20 line from 2004-09) and because its appeal has been apparent for decades and will continue, one can assume, for centuries to come!
STOP PRESS: Man with Sovereign Stone forum votes for Conan. ;)

It does look like it is in the lead, by Crom! :)
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Azure Admiral
Hobgoblin

Post by Azure Admiral » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Conan :)
“Don’t ask for loyalty from you airship crew. Die for them instead on the sky battlefield„

julius_cleaver
Frost Giant

Post by julius_cleaver » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Chainmail
Pathfinder
It's about as gothic as you can get with anthropomorphic beavers.

"You stumble into a spacious chamber with at least ten exits." The DM is a jerk. --Jeff Rients from Jeff's Gameblog

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 am

julius_cleaver wrote:Chainmail
Pathfinder
I wanted to vote for Chainmail, Ghostwalk and Sovereign Stone, but I only have one vote.

julius_cleaver
Frost Giant

Post by julius_cleaver » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 am

Yeah, that was my dilemma as well...

"You stumble into a spacious chamber with at least ten exits." The DM is a jerk. --Jeff Rients from Jeff's Gameblog

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:58 am

Conan

In addition to the AD&D modules and D20 version from Mongoose, one must not forget GURPS' Conan and TRS' 1984 Conan RPG with it's 3 aventures.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Boneguard wrote:Conan

In addition to the AD&D modules and D20 version from Mongoose, one must not forget GURPS' Conan and TRS' 1984 Conan RPG with it's 3 aventures.
Good point about the additional rules set, but I personally voted for Conan because I really like the setting. It would be my #2 after Mystara.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Hugin wrote:
Boneguard wrote:Conan

Good point about the additional rules set, but I personally voted for Conan because I really like the setting. It would be my #2 after Mystara.
Well if Conan does win, people will be able to discuss Conan products published for all those systems...as well as the new Conan RPG system. :)

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Right now I am dreading having gotten rid of my Mongoose 2E Conan core Rulebook. It goes for crazy money on the secondhand market.

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:46 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:Right now I am dreading having gotten rid of my Mongoose 2E Conan core Rulebook. It goes for crazy money on the secondhand market.
I've got the 1st Edition core rulebook (for Conan). That one seems a lot cheaper. :)

Argentmantle
Hill Giant

Post by Argentmantle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:26 am

So, does this mean that I won't get my Jakandor forum?

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:47 am

Argentmantle wrote:So, does this mean that I won't get my Jakandor forum?
Not for a while yet, it isn't even one of the voting options here.

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:52 am

Not unless you get more people starting threads and posting in them.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Argentmantle
Hill Giant

Post by Argentmantle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:30 am

Ummmm... thanks for the insight. I suppose in related news, water is wet and absolute zero is very cold.

I think the post I made earlier is most text Jakandor has seen besides the books. I voted for Conan a long while ago.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:15 am

If you want a forum for Jakandor or another setting the following needs to happen:

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:51 pm

There will be one eventually...but how long that takes is down to the community, not the management. :)
Havard wrote:
If you want a forum for Jakandor or another setting the following needs to happen:
I make that 8 topics about Jakandor (as one is a Mystara topic). And a couple of the topics are about buying Jakandor: Isle of War, so there is an argument that they maybe should be merged.

There is also the 5 active poster requirement. Waylander39 started the first Jakandor topic, way back in 2008. BlU_sKrEEm started another in 2009. We didn't get any more topics in 2010. Knightfall started a topic in 2011 and Angel Tarragon started two (one of which was that duplicate themed one). Darva wrote about Jakandor in Mystara in 2012, and I started one about a vapourware Jakandor product. Knightfall started one topic in 2013 and then I started one in 2014. Excluding Darva, I'm seeing five posters there, so that requirement is met, even without trawling the topics, to see who else wrote meaningful replies.

The main thing to do if you think The Piazza needs a new forum is to "show not tell". Don't ask for a Jakandor forum...build a Jakandor forum. :) Use that special link to search for all the topics. Reply to topics you are interested in. Post one or more new topics. Get Jakandor fans you speak to elsewhere to come over and reply to existing topics and post new ones. You can make this happen...not as part of this special promotion...but you can build more subcommunities at The Piazza if you put in the time doing it. :D

julius_cleaver
Frost Giant

Post by julius_cleaver » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:50 am

Argentmantle wrote:Ummmm... thanks for the insight. I suppose in related news, water is wet and absolute zero is very cold.

I think the post I made earlier is most text Jakandor has seen besides the books. I voted for Conan a long while ago.
Well for better or worse this made me laugh...while I guess everyone else just shot on by...

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:26 am

Argentmantle wrote:I think the post I made earlier is most text Jakandor has seen besides the books.
That "Jakandor" topic is wandering a bit...and the original name doesn't really explain what the OP wanted to talk about. And a long wandering topic does not help meet the minimum topic count for a forum request, as well as separate well-named topics do... :twisted:

...so I've put on my moderator hat and split it into two topics:

Those topic names were just what came into my head for what the topic seems to be about. Feel free to rename your new Jakandor topic, if you want. If you hit the report post button afterwards (to report your own post) and write a note in the report (to explain that I've told you to do this if you renamed the topic) myself or another moderator will rename all the following posts too.

I need to find the time to go back there and reply. It's an interesting thread. :cool:
Argentmantle wrote:I voted for Conan a long while ago.
It does look like Conan is going to crush the other campaign settings, see them driven before it and hear the lamentations of those setting fans. :P

But there are still a few hours left for a bunch of last minute voter to swing it for any other setting.

I do wonder how this might have played out, if Conan was not an option and all the Conan fans switched their vote to their 2nd favourite campaign setting. Three of these settings are ones that I wanted a forum for and it was hard choosing between them. I had to vote for one, but would be happy with one of the others winning too.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Big Mac wrote:And the winner is...
...Conan!

Thanks to everyone who voted. It was a lot of fun. :)

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”