Ravenloft Product Index Thread

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Ravenloft Product Index Thread

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:26 am

I've requested the following thread to be stickied a few times, but instead of requesting it again...I thought I would just ask, why doesn't it qualify? I've done other product link threads that have gotten stickied, so what do I need to changed about this one for it to qualify?

Complete RPG Product List w/Piazza Affiliate Links

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Ravenloft Product Index Thread

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:I've requested the following thread to be stickied a few times, but instead of requesting it again...I thought I would just ask, why doesn't it qualify? I've done other product link threads that have gotten stickied, so what do I need to changed about this one for it to qualify?
Why doesn't it qualify? No idea.

This is the first I've heard of this request. Who did you make the requests to? How have you been making these requests?

I can imagine that when the Book-House is fully populated, there will be less need for stickies like this, but while I'm still adding content topics like this are really helpful to me. (I've actually had to open a couple of topics asking people to help explain how a product line works for me.) So I'd be interested in seeing this topic get stickied...at least for the time being.

There is also a "too many stickies" issue. If people stick a lot of topics it clutters up the top of the page. Then things are sometimes unstickied to make space (or a "master sticky" is created to point to other topics that previously were stickies). But there is only on sticky in the Ravenloft forum, so I don't see a reason not to have another.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Big Mac wrote:This is the first I've heard of this request. Who did you make the requests to? How have you been making these requests?
I used the report post feature to make the request...think I've done it this way three times.

Big Mac wrote:I can imagine that when the Book-House is fully populated, there will be less need for stickies like this, but while I'm still adding content topics like this are really helpful to me. (I've actually had to open a couple of topics asking people to help explain how a product line works for me.) So I'd be interested in seeing this topic get stickied...at least for the time being.
How do we raise more awareness of the Book-House? I know there is a link to it for each campaign product line in the forum blurb, but I suspect that it is not visible enough. Some people may entirely skip over the Board Index and have their The Piazza bookmark(s) set to specific forums and/or sub-forums, avoiding seeing the link to the Book-House altogether. The product list, with links to the product pages using The Piazza affiliate links is probably the best way for these types of users to help The Piazza generate income to pay for hosting costs as well as futures site upgrades.

Big Mac wrote:But there is only on sticky in the Ravenloft forum, so I don't see a reason not to have another.
Cool! :cool:

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:This is the first I've heard of this request. Who did you make the requests to? How have you been making these requests?
I used the report post feature to make the request...think I've done it this way three times.
That's odd. Posts can only be reported once. (Someone would have to read and delete the report to clear the flag and allow the post to be reported again.)

I've spoken to the team. So far nobody recalls seeing anything.

I've checked the queue. There are eight reports, seven of which were started by me. I don't see any from you.
Angel Tarragon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I can imagine that when the Book-House is fully populated, there will be less need for stickies like this, but while I'm still adding content topics like this are really helpful to me. (I've actually had to open a couple of topics asking people to help explain how a product line works for me.) So I'd be interested in seeing this topic get stickied...at least for the time being.
How do we raise more awareness of the Book-House? I know there is a link to it for each campaign product line in the forum blurb, but I suspect that it is not visible enough. Some people may entirely skip over the Board Index and have their The Piazza bookmark(s) set to specific forums and/or sub-forums, avoiding seeing the link to the Book-House altogether. The product list, with links to the product pages using The Piazza affiliate links is probably the best way for these types of users to help The Piazza generate income to pay for hosting costs as well as futures site upgrades.
It's great that you want to help. One thing to bear in mind is that Ashtagon gave this a "soft launch". There is still a ton of stuff missing from The Book-House on The Piazza. (We have zero Birthright products on there, for example.) There are also some pages that are in an older format, that I am currently tracking down and updating. Once I've got that done, I want to try to get more stuff uploaded.

Fun feature: I originally asked Ashtagon for Book-House editing rights so I could create the pages for D&D products I wanted to buy. (I'm looking to do a bit of research into D&D products with "secondary Spelljammer canon" so I'm probably going to concentrate on Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance products I need to buy.)
Angel Tarragon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:But there is only on sticky in the Ravenloft forum, so I don't see a reason not to have another.
Cool! :cool:
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but it's a sticky now. (And I can use it as a crib-sheet while I add things onto the Ravenloft category) :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”