Does The Piazza need/deserve it's own fulltime Discord server?

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.

The Piazza and Discord: do we need/deserve our own server?

Yes
48%
No
24%
Undecided
29%

Total votes: 21

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Does The Piazza need/deserve it's own fulltime Discord server?

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 am

I managed to confuse a few people with my default Discord name when I logged in for the Piazza birthday a few months back. I quickly learned that you can set your username on a per-server basis. I would recommend that the community take a moment to set their Discord username to match what it is here.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:53 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 am
I managed to confuse a few people with my default Discord name when I logged in for the Piazza birthday a few months back. I quickly learned that you can set your username on a per-server basis. I would recommend that the community take a moment to set their Discord username to match what it is here.
That would be super helpful.

I am actually adding people to a group (after I've confirmed they are forum members) that allows them to get outside of the introduction area.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:03 am

It's pretty quiet on the Discord server right now, so let me copy-paste my brainstorming over to here. Maybe others will have ideas that they can add to it or will confirm that this is a good approach:
Tim Baker wrote: > Well, when I think of the Piazza, the first thing that comes to mind is Mystara. Could we get some folks who are passionate about the setting to do a chat about what makes Mystara different and awesome?
> I don't know that I'm connected to the right people on the Piazza to know who that would be. I'd certainly boost the signal on my social media channels if it were on the calendar.
> I'm open to other ideas, but thought Mystara might provide the biggest draw from our own members.
> If we want to pull in folks from outside in the hopes that some fraction of them will check out the forums, maybe we can think of a topic that would appeal to the D&D 5e community. There are over 100k members of the 5e group on Facebook -- a carefully-worded post over there with an eye-catching graphic has a lot of potential.
> On the flip side, they get thousands of posts per day, so if the post doesn't stand out, it quickly gets buried.
> Maybe we combine the two and talk about a project to bring Mystara to 5e?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 pm

I've put up a sticky for the Discord server.

I'm also going to be on the Discord server this Sunday, where I'll be discussing new D&D settings, what to do with Discord and anything else anyone wants to chat about.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm also going to be on the Discord server this Sunday, where I'll be discussing new D&D settings, what to do with Discord and anything else anyone wants to chat about.
I'll see if I can drop by, if I'm not too hung over ;)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Work schedule is topsy-turvy this weekend, darn it. Nothing like having to go to bed as soon as you get home from work so you'll get enough sleep to go back to work that night.....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Havard wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:13 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 pm

I'll see if I can drop by, if I'm not too hung over ;)
LMAO!
RobJN wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:39 pm
Work schedule is topsy-turvy this weekend, darn it. Nothing like having to go to bed as soon as you get home from work so you'll get enough sleep to go back to work that night.....
Feel free to pop over to the other topic and schedule a Thorn's Chronicle chat sometime that is good for you. :)

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 pm
RobJN wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:39 pm
Feel free to pop over to the other topic and schedule a Thorn's Chronicle chat sometime that is good for you. :)
... I thought I was the only one who liked to hear myself talk (well, type) about the Chronicle.....? :oops:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am

What time/day Eastern Australian time?
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Coronoides wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am
AEST is UTC+1000 and the chat will take place between 1900 and 2200 BST (+0100). You're 9 hours ahead of Big Mac, making it 0400 through 0700 Monday morning for you.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 pm

OK I might drop in over breakfast for a few minutes.
CAn I suggest a Saturday time evening (Big Mac time) would be better. This would make it the weekend for everyone regardless of where they are in the world.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 am

Coronoides wrote:
I posted a link in the new topic, that goes to a bespoke Event TIme Announcer page that translates my timezone to your timezone. (And I'm suggesting that everyone else does that, to help people figure out when things are on.)
Tim Baker wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Coronoides wrote:
AEST is UTC+1000 and the chat will take place between 1900 and 2200 BST (+0100). You're 9 hours ahead of Big Mac, making it 0400 through 0700 Monday morning for you.
Thanks Tim!
Coronoides wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 pm
OK I might drop in over breakfast for a few minutes.
It would be nice to talk to you, if you can make it.
Coronoides wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 pm
CAn I suggest a Saturday time evening (Big Mac time) would be better. This would make it the weekend for everyone regardless of where they are in the world.
I've answered you in the other topic.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 pm

I'm in Discord now. A bit early, but need to warm up before the main event :D

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Havard wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 pm
I'm in Discord now. A bit early, but need to warm up before the main event :D
You beat me to it!

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”