Gamers Seeking Gamers [suggestion]

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
Mike
Ogre

Gamers Seeking Gamers [suggestion]

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm

I think the Magic Mirror and Crystal Globe are pretty well hidden.

"PUBLIC HOUSES" just sounds to me like a rowdy place for off-topic chatter -- the sort of boards I never visit. The "Philosophers Stone" is labeled as a welcome area but sounds like a place for people to bat around off-topic ideas (since on-topic ideas would be in the appropriate game-world forum!)... again, a place I never come back and visit. Looking over the list of sub-forums I see The Magic Mirror listed by name, but no clue what it's about, so if I think about it at all, I assume it has something to do with either off-topic discussion or new member orientation.

My suggestion is that the Magic Mirror and Crystal Globe be highlighted somehow so people notice them. I am not sure the best way to do this: maybe putting these two sub-forums in a new top-level category with an obvious label, like "CLASSIFIEDS" or "FIND A GAME".

Or... maybe it's just me, and everyone else already knows about and frequents these.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Gamers Seeking Gamers [suggestion]

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:47 am

Mike wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm
Or... maybe it's just me, and everyone else already knows about and frequents these.
It's not just you. There is a private moderator discussion going on about that section of the forum right now.

I'll pop over to that discussion and point to your topic here, so that people can see your comment.

EDIT: BTW: The Magic Mirror is for "finding a game/finding players" and The Crystal Globe is for "play by post" games.

If you go into The Philosopher's Stone the subforums have an explanation of what each one is in the forum blurb. If you jump directly into them from the homepage of The Piazza, you skip that blurb.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: Gamers Seeking Gamers [suggestion]

Post by willpell » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:47 am
EDIT: BTW: The Magic Mirror is for "finding a game/finding players" and The Crystal Globe is for "play by post" games.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Crystal Globe's utter lack of organization is off-putting to anyone attempting to run games there. It hasn't been a problem thus far, because there haven't been very many games running in it, but that's never going to change as long as there's just one board for all PBP occurring. Giving each campaign a subfolder of its own is crucial to making a thriving online gaming community, for anyone interested in such things.

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”