The Piazza's 11th Birthday Chat (Sat 25th May)

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

The Piazza's 11th Birthday Chat (Sat 25th May)

Post by Big Mac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 pm

It's eleven years since Ashtagon founded The Piazza on the 22nd of May 2008!

Everyone knows there is a Discord server for The Piazza now, but normally it's a private server locked down for forum members only.

For the 11th Birthday, we will be throwing open the doors to a special 11th Birthday Party Chatroom, which will be open to guests for 24 hours.

I appear in AuldDragon's live-streamed Spelljammer game on Saturdays, but I should be able to pop into the Birthday Chatroom before the game.

The link to the chatroom will be posted here on the day.

EDIT: Come at chat to us for the next 24 hours, with this link. (You don't need to install the Discord app. Just skip that, if you don't want it.)

EDIT: That link has expired, but here is another link, as people want to keep the party going until tommorow.

EDIT2: The Birthday Chatroom has now been archived. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat May 25, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: The Piazza's 11th Birthday Chat (Sat 25th May)

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:45 am

Wow, time flies! I look forward to the celebration!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 am

Come at chat to us for the next 24 hours, with this link. (You don't need to install the Discord app. Just skip that, if you don't want it.)

EDIT: That link has expired, but here is another link, as people want to keep the party going until tommorow.

EDIT2: The Birthday Chatroom has now been archived. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Gravesguardian
Guardian of the Grave
Location: wandering Thunder Rift dealing w/ the threats that spring up

Post by Gravesguardian » Sat May 25, 2019 4:51 pm

In case anyone's watching this, Discord is being a major pain and won't let my enter the chat unless I confirm an account; but, whenever I try to confirm it rejects my confirmation.

Big Mac fixed it, thanks.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat May 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Gravesguardian wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:51 pm
In case anyone's watching this, Discord is being a major pain and won't let my enter the chat unless I confirm an account; but, whenever I try to confirm it rejects my confirmation.

Good to see you made it in! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 26, 2019 2:03 am

Havard wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:59 pm
Gravesguardian wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Good to see you made it in! :)
I'm not sure what was happening, but RutyWoot got past that with no problems.

(In any case, I gave the Forum Member role to both of you, so you should be able to come back after the end of the Birthday Chat, like all forum members, if you want to.)

Gravesguardian
Guardian of the Grave
Location: wandering Thunder Rift dealing w/ the threats that spring up

Post by Gravesguardian » Sun May 26, 2019 2:29 am

Thats good to know. I never seem to see any notices reminding us about Discord servers connected to the Piazza, so I forgot how I logged in last year.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Gravesguardian wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:29 am
Thats good to know. I never seem to see any notices reminding us about Discord servers connected to the Piazza, so I forgot how I logged in last year.
It was your idea to not close it down after last year's Birthday chat. ;)

I am pretty sure I sent you a PM with a link to The Discord server for The Piazza topic. :?

Never mind. You are in now.

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 am
Come at chat to us for the next 24 hours, with this link. (You don't need to install the Discord app. Just skip that, if you don't want it.)
That link has expired, but here is another link, as people want to keep the party going until tommorow.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Mon May 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 am
That link has expired, but here is another link, as people want to keep the party going until tommorow.
EDIT: The Birthday Chatroom has now been archived. Thanks for celebrating our 11th birthday with us.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”