Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
User avatar
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Gender: male
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 am

Khedrac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time? I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
You didn't a few years ago when I got mine. I think someone must have been hurrying and missed your post!
The Custom Forum Title Adding Giant Space Hamster didn't miss the post...

...he was just tired on Thursday evening and went to bed early.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
FaerieGodfather
Shroompunk Warlord
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 pm
Gender: male
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by FaerieGodfather » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:02 am

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 am
FaerieGodfather wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am
I should very much like to be a "Shroompunk Warlord"
You already asked for "Shroompunk Warlord" in 2018. It's there below your username to the right of your posts. :)

I'm not going to count this.

If you want to change from "Shroompunk Warlord" to something else, you can ask again.
Color me embarrassed.

User avatar
talsine
Priest of Syrinx
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 1:01 am
Gender: male
Location: Phoenix Metro, Arizona

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by talsine » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:06 am

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time?
No, although I usually stop processing forum account requests for 24 hours after posting these topics, just so that the existing forum users get a chance to take them first.
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
Eight down!

Three to go!
YAY!! Thank you!

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 25106
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 pm

FaerieGodfather wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:02 am
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 am
FaerieGodfather wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am
I should very much like to be a "Shroompunk Warlord"
You already asked for "Shroompunk Warlord" in 2018. It's there below your username to the right of your posts. :)

I'm not going to count this.

If you want to change from "Shroompunk Warlord" to something else, you can ask again.
Color me embarrassed.
We don't do Custom User Colours. ;)

Sorry to hear you have been missing your custom user title, for the last year.

How is the Shroompunk project, that inspired your choice, going? I don't see any links in your footer about it. Does that mean it is still in the planning stage?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 25106
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:58 pm

talsine wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:06 am
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time?
No, although I usually stop processing forum account requests for 24 hours after posting these topics, just so that the existing forum users get a chance to take them first.
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
Eight down!

Three to go!
YAY!! Thank you!
You're welcome.

I suppose that, in theory, that giving custom forum titles to forum members who have been here longer (and who would normally have more posts) means that more people would get to see those forum titles. So I suppose someone could make the argument that pushing custom forum titles towards long standing members would be "better".

But The Piazza was never really set up that way. The original reason Ashtagon set this community up, was that WotC decided to merge their Other Worlds forums into one forum, because they said that not enough people were talking about the out or print D&D campaign settings enough.

And we have built on that core of support for campaign settings and gone onto build bespoke forums for less-well known campaign settings (so that smaller minority settings get the same support as larger settings like Mystara or Spelljammer).

In that context, I don't think it would make sense for The Piazza to restrict something, like a custom forum title, from being given to a relatively new forum member.

There have been a number of people who have arrived at The Piazza and made a big impact in one of the minority fandoms here. And I think that everyone here would be glad to see more people arriving and telling us about things that might not have topics here yet. :)
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Khedrac
Ostego
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 10:19 am
Gender: male
Location: Andover, UK

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Khedrac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 am
Khedrac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time? I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
You didn't a few years ago when I got mine. I think someone must have been hurrying and missed your post!
The Custom Forum Title Adding Giant Space Hamster didn't miss the post...

...he was just tired on Thursday evening and went to bed early.
Yes apologies for that accidental slur - I saw that the next poster was already a Shroompunk Warlord and assumed you had done his but not the one before. I should have known that you are not capable of that sort of mistake!
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

User avatar
FaerieGodfather
Shroompunk Warlord
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 pm
Gender: male
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by FaerieGodfather » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 pm
How is the Shroompunk project, that inspired your choice, going? I don't see any links in your footer about it. Does that mean it is still in the planning stage?
Poorly, unfortunately. I've had other priorities for much of the past year, and my health has been a burden.

In terms of home construction, you could say that my status is somewhere between the "pipe dream" stage and the "licking the windows" stage.

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 25106
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Khedrac wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:22 pm
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 am
Khedrac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time? I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
You didn't a few years ago when I got mine. I think someone must have been hurrying and missed your post!
The Custom Forum Title Adding Giant Space Hamster didn't miss the post...

...he was just tired on Thursday evening and went to bed early.
Yes apologies for that accidental slur - I saw that the next poster was already a Shroompunk Warlord and assumed you had done his but not the one before. I should have known that you are not capable of that sort of mistake!
No problem.

I didn't take it as a slur. I thought it was funny. I was joining in with the fun.

I forgot to add the smiley ( :P ) on the end of my post.

And I am capable of missing things.

I used to have a zillion tabs open on different Piazza topics (I still do actually) and I had my browser crash and loose them all and forgot dozens of conversations I was in the middle of (and therefore ignored dozens of Piazza members that were talking to me). I still find old conversations I was in, where I just ghosted away. I'll bump them, if it is still appropriate.

I should really focus down a bit more, but I'm not really wired up that way. If I get inspiration about a random thing...and I don't post about it...I forget what I was going to say. So I kind of think out loud in lots of conversations and rely on notifications (I've got 148 Piazza notifications) and "Unread post" flags to help me avoid making "that sort of mistake".

So, if I accidentally miss someone asking for a custom forum title and you come and ping me, you are actually doing me a favour. (Two other friends have already pinged me privately about this specific topic. :) ) I never get annoyed that someone who is trying to help me (even if they are not totally correct about a situation). Good intentions are always nice*. :)

* = Even if the road to Avernus is paved with them. ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Lord Torath
Thri-Kreen Starfarer
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: male
Location: Utah, USA

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Lord Torath » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am

Are there any left? I think we ended at "Three to Go".

Now to come up with a cool title...

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 25106
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 am

Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Are there any left? I think we ended at "Three to Go".
Yes:
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 am
Eight down!

Three to go!
I'm going to have to start poking people. (I'll keep it to two people, for now, to give you a chance to decide what you want.)
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Now to come up with a cool title...
If Ashtagon was handing out the custom forum titles this year, she would probably take that as an invitation for her to pick a cold-loving monster, as your title. :twisted:

You could pick the name of favourite D&D monster.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Ashtagon
Hierarch
Posts: 3739
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 pm
Gender: female
Location: Hillvale, Isle of Dawn
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Ashtagon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 am

"Now to come up with a cool title" seems perfectly valid as a forum title ;-)
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Image
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by RobJN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 am

Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Now to come up with a cool title...
How 'bout "Cool Title Here"? :lol:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Gender: male
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:21 am

Ashtagon wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 am
"Now to come up with a cool title" seems perfectly valid as a forum title ;-)
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 10.19.16.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 10.19.16.jpg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 976 times
I'm not sure it will fit. It seems a bit long to me. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Gender: male
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 am

RobJN wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 am
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Now to come up with a cool title...
How 'bout "Cool Title Here"? :lol:
Be careful. That could be taken as a request to have that as your title and there are still slots left.

(I got "Giant Space Hamster" with a silly comment like that, back in the day.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Gender: male
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:26 am

Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Are there any left? I think we ended at "Three to Go".

Now to come up with a cool title...
Just to be nice, I'll give you a week to come up with a better forum rank request than that, but...

Nine down.

Two to go! :twisted:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 20041
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Havard » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:00 am

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:26 am
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Are there any left? I think we ended at "Three to Go".

Now to come up with a cool title...
Just to be nice, I'll give you a week to come up with a better forum rank request than that, but...

Nine down.

Two to go! :twisted:
:lol:

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by RobJN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 am

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 am
RobJN wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 am
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Now to come up with a cool title...
How 'bout "Cool Title Here"? :lol:
Be careful. That could be taken as a request to have that as your title and there are still slots left.

(I got "Giant Space Hamster" with a silly comment like that, back in the day.)
But... if I get a new one (say, "Thorn Chronicler"), then I'd have to come up with a new forum avatar.....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 25106
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:07 pm

RobJN wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 am
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 am
RobJN wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 am
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Now to come up with a cool title...
How 'bout "Cool Title Here"? :lol:
Be careful. That could be taken as a request to have that as your title and there are still slots left.

(I got "Giant Space Hamster" with a silly comment like that, back in the day.)
But... if I get a new one (say, "Thorn Chronicler"), then I'd have to come up with a new forum avatar.....
Image
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by RobJN » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Dire Flumph, I will keep for another year
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Lord Torath
Thri-Kreen Starfarer
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: male
Location: Utah, USA

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Lord Torath » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 am

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:26 am
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Are there any left? I think we ended at "Three to Go".

Now to come up with a cool title...
Just to be nice, I'll give you a week to come up with a better forum rank request than that, but...

Nine down.

Two to go! :twisted:
Thanks! I think I'll go with:
Thri-Kreen Starfarer

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 25106
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:41 am

Lord Torath wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 am
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:26 am
Lord Torath wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am
Are there any left? I think we ended at "Three to Go".

Now to come up with a cool title...
Just to be nice, I'll give you a week to come up with a better forum rank request than that, but...

Nine down.

Two to go! :twisted:
Thanks! I think I'll go with:
Thri-Kreen Starfarer
Fixed.

So again - nine down.

Two to go!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Seethyr
Couatl
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:07 am
Gender: male
Location: The City of Gold

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Seethyr » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:33 am

Khedrac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time? I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
You didn't a few years ago when I got mine. I think someone must have been hurrying and missed your post!
Two Rush references in one post? This is MCU level of brilliance for Easter Eggs.
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

User avatar
Khedrac
Ostego
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 10:19 am
Gender: male
Location: Andover, UK

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Khedrac » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Seethyr wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:33 am
Khedrac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time? I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
You didn't a few years ago when I got mine. I think someone must have been hurrying and missed your post!
Two Rush references in one post? This is MCU level of brilliance for Easter Eggs.
I have no idea what you mean by a "Rush" reference...
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

User avatar
Tom Bulls Eye
Wanderer of Ahl
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 pm
Gender: male
Location: Valley of five Surprises

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Tom Bulls Eye » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm

If there are still titles left, could I have "Wanderer of Ahl"?

User avatar
Seethyr
Couatl
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:07 am
Gender: male
Location: The City of Gold

Re: Get Your Forum Titles Here! (2019)

Post by Seethyr » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Khedrac wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:45 pm
Seethyr wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:33 am
Khedrac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 am
talsine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have to be around for a certain period of time? I wouldn't mind Priest of Syrinx
You didn't a few years ago when I got mine. I think someone must have been hurrying and missed your post!
Two Rush references in one post? This is MCU level of brilliance for Easter Eggs.
I have no idea what you mean by a "Rush" reference...
I’m pleasantly amazed that this is coincidence from one of my favorite rock groups.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6dkzL4VS4
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Post Reply

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”