Forum Request Thread

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Forum Request Thread

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:35 am

Havard wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:I wonder if Nentir Vale should be a sub-forum of the Forgotten Realms?
AFAIK The Nentir Vale has never officially been connected to the Realms. OTOH, I could see an argument being made for the Nentir Vale threads to be moved into the 4E forum. Its not like the 4E forum is all that packed with discussion anyway?
Maybe you are mixing it up with Neverwinter, TAD.

I would say it is a campaign setting and put it there, just like Birthright is not a subforum of 2e.

I believe that Kalamar has also got enough threads for its own forum. I'll check that out as soon as I can.

Is there such a thing as a Nentir Vale logo?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:07 am

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:I wonder if Nentir Vale should be a sub-forum of the Forgotten Realms?
AFAIK The Nentir Vale has never officially been connected to the Realms. OTOH, I could see an argument being made for the Nentir Vale threads to be moved into the 4E forum. Its not like the 4E forum is all that packed with discussion anyway?
Maybe you are mixing it up with Neverwinter, TAD.
Yeah, my bad. I was.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 pm

...and...
Big Mac wrote:I believe that Kalamar has also got enough threads for its own forum. I'll check that out as soon as I can.
The woman from Del Monte. She say yes! :D
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Havard. I missed your blurb description and grabbed something from the WotC website instead. Sorry. :oops:
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Big Mac wrote:Havard. I missed your blurb description and grabbed something from the WotC website instead. Sorry. :oops:
No problem :)
It wasnt something I had put alot of thought into, but I thought maybe a reference to Points of Light and Nerath could help keep the focus on the whole setting and not just the Vale itself.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 pm

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Question from Birchbeer split off into a new thread called: Nonspecific world dungeons forum?

Ashtagon has requested that this thread is only used for actual forum requests (and short conversations related to information required to get a new forum up and running). For anything else, please start a new thread.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 pm

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Question about subforum descriptions from Dragonhelm split off and merged into his other thread called: Forgotten Realms Subforum Descriptions

Ashtagon has requested that this thread is only used for forum creation requests (and short conversations related to information required to get a new forum up and running). For anything else, please start a new thread.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Forum Request Thread - The Horde

Post by Big Mac » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:05 pm

I received a PM from BlackBat242 requesting a forum for The Horde.

We now have 5 threads for The Horde (the Forgotten Realms sub-setting): Here is a copy of the logo:

I'll get the Giant Space Hamster to set up the forum later, but the logo will need to wait for Ashtagon to get her computer fixed.
Last edited by Big Mac on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Re: Forum Request Thread - The Horde

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Big Mac wrote:I received a PM from BlackBat242 requesting a forum for The Horde.

We now have 5 threads for The Horde (the Forgotten Realms sub-setting): Here is a copy of the logo:

I'll get the Giant Space Hamster to set up the forum later, but the logo will need to wait for Ashtagon to get her computer fixed.
Forum for The Horde created, threads moved.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Once again, I'm making my request for a forum under the Homebrew Worlds forum for World of Kulan. Here is a link to my index of Kulan threads...

World of Kulan Thread Index
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Knightfall wrote:Once again, I'm making my request for a forum under the Homebrew Worlds forum for World of Kulan. Here is a link to my index of Kulan threads...

Following my creation of the forum for The Horde, Ashtagon got asked to review the policy. She increased the thread requirements and added in a requirement for several people to have made meaningful contributions:
Ashtagon wrote:Effective immediately, the forum creation policy is as follows:

* Ten threads with meaningful content.
* At least five different individuals being initiators and/or meaingful content contributors on these threads.

Having a single person drive five threads forwards defeats the whole concept of it being a reaction to a community-driven (as opposed to individual member-driven) process. The original intent was that "five threads" be a minimum threshold below which i won't even consider it, but that even once this threshold was reached, I would consider whether the new board would be of significant benefit to the overal site. We've now reached a point where there are a large number of boards that have been made and then mostly ignored by the people who made the original drive to have them made.
I've just skimmed through every single one of your threads to check them. You have had five people making meaningful replies, but the vast majority of posts are by you.

However, you have been a good contributor and I don't think you would be "ignoring" a World of Kulan forum, if you were given one. You have also put a lot of work into this before asking again.

So that puts you in a grey area. I'm going to bump this upstairs to see if a special exception can be made for your project (either as it stands now, or when it expands a bit more).

It might take several days, as Ashtagon is busy with some real-life stuff at the moment. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:30 am

Knightfall wrote:Once again, I'm making my request for a forum under the Homebrew Worlds forum for World of Kulan. Here is a link to my index of Kulan threads...

Approved.

Make it so, number one.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Ashtagon wrote:

Approved.

Make it so, number one.
Aye! Aye!

Here it is World of Kulan*.

* = That is a temporary URL, that will change when the V4 Server maintenance is finished.

EDIT: Links updated to post-V4 Sever maintenance URL.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 am

I guess I'll go ahead and make a formal request for a 5th Edition D&D forum since we'll probably need one shortly.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:42 am

night_druid wrote:I guess I'll go ahead and make a formal request for a 5th Edition D&D forum since we'll probably need one shortly.
I would like to second this request. I will volunteer to be a moderator for the forum.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 am

Once the rules (or previews of the rules) get released, it'll be created . Rule forums are primarily intended to be discussions about rules. Industry news belongs in the Wishing Well forum.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 am

Ashtagon wrote:Once the rules (or previews of the rules) get released, it'll be created . Rule forums are primarily intended to be discussions about rules. Industry news belongs in the Wishing Well forum.
OK, just figured I'd make the formal request :)
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 am

Logo for The Horde created and uploaded.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri May 25, 2012 12:42 am

Now that the D&D Next playtest is out and we have something concrete to discuss, I humbly request that we make a D&D Next forum.

I will volunteer to moderate it.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri May 25, 2012 1:27 am

Dragonhelm wrote:Now that the D&D Next playtest is out and we have something concrete to discuss, I humbly request that we make a D&D Next forum.

I will volunteer to moderate it.

OK. You have 10 threads and 5 active posters, don't you? Would you please link to the 10 threads required, as per the first post, as I have to confirm 5 posters before I'm allowed to create a new forum.

But what is this thing going to be called? "D&D Next" or "D&D 5th Edition"?

Is there a suggested forum blurb?

Have WotC created a logo? I can't find one online, but wonder if there is one in the playtest documents.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 am

Big Mac wrote:OK. You have 10 threads and 5 active posters, don't you? Would you please link to the 10 threads required, as per the first post, as I have to confirm 5 posters before I'm allowed to create a new forum.
Certainly.

[5e] Public Playtest starts today

D&D Podcast - Playtest for D&D Next

Monte Cook leaves WotC

[5e] One-hour sessions

The Future of D&D Panel at PAX East - 2012

[5e] Alignment!

[5e] D&D Next: Wish List!

[5E] Class Design Seminar Transcript

[5e] What Is The Next Dungeons & Dragons? (Interview)

[5e] Sorcerer - Class or Theme?

There are more threads beyond this too.

As for active posters, here's just a few names to prove we have the minimum.
Blacky the Blackball
rabindranath72
Ashtagon
agathokles
Dragonhelm
True_Atlantean
Havard
night_druid
Knightfall

I believe the requirements have been met. :cool:
But what is this thing going to be called? "D&D Next" or "D&D 5th Edition"?
The name WotC has been using is D&D Next.
Is there a suggested forum blurb?
"The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game."
Have WotC created a logo? I can't find one online, but wonder if there is one in the playtest documents.
Not yet, though we might be able to use one of their concept logos. Nothing in the playtest documents.

EN World made their own logo, but it would not work for our purposes.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:41 am

Ashtagon wrote:Once the rules (or previews of the rules) get released, it'll be created.
The D&D Next forum is now open.

A proposed logo has been posted in this D&D Next logo thread.

EDIT: The logo is now up.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 am

How about an Unknown Lands subforum under the Forgotten Realms that would be for all the less detailed continents of Toril — Anchorome, Katashaka, Osse, etc.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Sock Puppet
Troll

Post by Sock Puppet » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:32 am

Knightfall wrote:How about an Unknown Lands subforum under the Forgotten Realms that would be for all the less detailed continents of Toril — Anchorome, Katashaka, Osse, etc.
To what extent have these been discussed so far?
I am Ashtagon's sock puppet account.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Sock Puppet wrote:
Knightfall wrote:How about an Unknown Lands subforum under the Forgotten Realms that would be for all the less detailed continents of Toril — Anchorome, Katashaka, Osse, etc.
To what extent have these been discussed so far?
Somewhat...

Anchorome map by Markustay
[Anchorome] Pascoda Basin
Homebrew Thread for Anchorome
Interesting idea for Anchorome...

Katashaka
Questions about Katashaka

Osse (the FR "Australia")
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”