Forum Request Thread

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Forum Request Thread

Post by Big Mac » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Sock Puppet wrote:
Knightfall wrote:How about an Unknown Lands subforum under the Forgotten Realms that would be for all the less detailed continents of Toril — Anchorome, Katashaka, Osse, etc.
To what extent have these been discussed so far?
Somewhat...

Anchorome map by Markustay
[Anchorome] Pascoda Basin
Homebrew Thread for Anchorome
Interesting idea for Anchorome...

Katashaka
Questions about Katashaka

Osse (the FR "Australia")
There is a "10 threads + 5 forum members posting in those threads" rule for new forum requests.

I would love to see more forums at The Piazza. I'd love to see Ghostwalk, Jakandor, Lankhmar, Taladas (Dragonlance), Krynnspace (Spelljammer), Realmspace (Spelljammer) and Greyspace (Spelljammer) all eventually earn their own forums/subforums.

I'm not so sure I can see the Unknown Lands of Forgotten Realms ever going anywhere unless there was a major fanon project to build sourcebooks for one or more of them. You only have to look at Adlatum, the fanon project for Dragonlance to see how an awesome project to build a new DL subsetting has not inspired anywhere near 10 threads and 5 posters talking about Adlatum over here.

Of the actual Unknown Lands of Forgotten Realms, I think that Anchorome had a lot of potential - moreso when Seethyr from Maztica Alive was trying to build new content. If Maztica Alive had built content here publicly an Anchorome subforum (within Maztica) would probably have been appropriate, but only at the 10 threads and 5 posters limit. If we can get Seethyr to come back to The Piazza, this stuff will probably take care of itself.

Katashaka might have some potential, but considering that it only seems to be featured in Grand History of the Realms that is another setting that needs a fanon netbook to back it up.

I can't see Osse going anywhere. I started that thread and there was not much excitement about that continent. So you need to find a champion of Osse before that setting will move forward.

Don't get me wrong. As a Spelljammer fan, these are parts of Toril, I would love to see developed. But I don't think they warrant fast-tracking over campaign settings that do have enough community discussion to earn a forum.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Taladas
Taladas?
Did MWP ever tackle Taladas?
Weis/Hickman's attitude to Taladas?
Taladas FAQ Update
Taladas: Expanded and Revised
Drungar
Witches of Taladas
Angry Gnomes/Sinister Walking Sharks
Tower of Losarcum in Taladas?
Is there a complete product listing for Taladas somewhere?
Taladas 3E/3.5 Conversions?

Taladas is now at 11 threads. Time for Dragonlance to get a subforum? :)

New Forum Name: Taladas and the Otherlands
Blurb: ??
Moderator: Dragonhelm?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Dragonhelm, do you wish to be a moderator for a Taladas subforum?
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Ashtagon wrote:Dragonhelm, do you wish to be a moderator for a Taladas subforum?
I would be happy to. :)

I recommend calling it Taladas and Otherlands, which could then include the Otherlands supplement, and fan-based continents like Adlatum.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Thu May 09, 2013 12:13 am

For the blurb, how about this?

"Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon."
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Ashtagon wrote:Dragonhelm, do you wish to be a moderator for a Taladas subforum?
I suggest that Maddog is also a moderator of the Taladas subforum (as it is part of Dragonlance).
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Chimpman
Hadozee

Request for Mystara Fanzine Editors Forum

Post by Chimpman » Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi,

I'd like to make a Project Forum request for a private forum for the Mystara Fanzine editors.

Name: Mystara Fanzine (This name may change once the fanzine's name is formally chosen).
Blurb: Editorial forum for the Mystara Fanzine (Again, this blurb may change)
Campaign World: Mystara
Access: Private
Forum Admins: Havard, agathokles, Chimpman, (I'm just volunteering 3 of us, but there are other mods on the team as well who may want to step up)
Forum Members: Thorf, agathokles, Cthuludrew, AllanP, CmdCorsiken, RobJN, Seer of Yhog, Havard, Chimpman,

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Two forum member names were spelled incorrectly in this request. The correct spellings are:Cthulhudrew and CmdrCorsiken. Please try to spell people's names correctly, when requesting access, to avoid delays.
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Re: Request for Mystara Fanzine Editors Forum

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Chimpman wrote:Hi,

I'd like to make a Project Forum request for a private forum for the Mystara Fanzine editors.

Name: Mystara Fanzine (This name may change once the fanzine's name is formally chosen).
Blurb: Editorial forum for the Mystara Fanzine (Again, this blurb may change)
Campaign World: Mystara
Forum Admins: Havard, agathokles, Chimpman, (I'm just volunteering 3 of us, but there are other mods on the team as well who may want to step up)
Forum Members: Thorf, agathokles, Cthuludrew, AllanP, CmdCorsiken, RobJN, Seer of Yhog, Havard, Chimpman,
Done. Please would everyone on this list check to see that they can see this when logged in, and not see it when they are logged out. Please would the three moderators check that they have moderator access.

EDIT: I've had confirmation from RobJN, that the forum is working for ordinary members, so there is no need for anyone else on the list to reply to this post. :)

(Discussion on the exact settings for the Taladas subforum is still going on, so I'm not touching that one yet.)

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Two forum member names were spelled incorrectly in this request. The correct spellings are:Cthulhudrew and CmdrCorsiken. Please try to spell people's names correctly, when requesting access, to avoid delays.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:19 pm

My logo still needs work. -KF
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Knightfall wrote:I have decided upon a forum logo for World of Kulan. See here.

Update: I've posted a slightly darker version of the image so that it will look better when reduced in size.
I've been monitoring the other thread. Robert said he wants this logo:

Small version (resized by TAD):

Large version (just in case you want to have another go at resizing it):

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Please could we have the logo from this post in the "Clean "forum sized" Pelinore logo required" thread uploaded to The Piazza?
kneverwinterknight wrote:
Big Mac wrote:It looks pretty good. I've got a feeling that the curved outsides on the letter "E"s may be details that are lost when this is crunched down to 90x30 size, but that can not be helped with a version of the logo that small.
You were right:

Last edited by Big Mac on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Golarion Forum Icon

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4072&p=130015#p130015

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Request for Buying and Selling Forum

Post by Big Mac » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 pm

We had a two year discussion about Buying and Selling (at The Piazza) between 2008 and 2009. That topic took a few twists, but I believe there are some people at The Piazza who want to have a place where they can buy and sell products from each other.

I have a request for a forum that is only visible to members that are logged in. And if possible, I would like a forum that is only visible to people that have some level of activity here.

Name: The Market Square.
Blurb: A place for Piazza members to trade with each other (at their own risk).
Campaign World: n/a
Suggested Location: The Philosopher's Stone
Access: Private (members with more than 20 posts or somesuch)
Forum Admins:
Forum Members: Everyone with more than 20 posts or something similar (depending on what phpBB will allow).

If anyone (other than Ashtagon) wishes to discuss this concept please do not post in this forum request thread. Please post in the Buying and Selling thread.

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm

I would actually up the post count to 50. If you're really committed to this community, its not hard to rack up that many IMO, and it would dissuade people from joining just so they can try to dump their stuff.
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Seer of Yhog wrote:I would actually up the post count to 50. If you're really committed to this community, its not hard to rack up that many IMO, and it would dissuade people from joining just so they can try to dump their stuff.
Lets take the discussion of the exact number to the other thread, so that we do not fill this thread with clutter.

I've given (current) stats for the number of members with 80, 45 and 20 posts, as that lines up with three of the forum ranks used at The Piazza. (We could then tell people they need to get to that specific rank to gain access to the special forum/s at The Piazza.)

Ambreville
World Soul

Post by Ambreville » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Greetings

I'm told this is the proper place to ask for a Calidar board. Perhaps now is a good time to have a specific place for discussions about Calidar, where existing discussions could be relocated. Feasible? Desirable? I do have a logo that could be used for now:

Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)

Thorf
Cartomancer

Post by Thorf » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Here's a small version. I can't seem to make it look sharp, for some reason.

Ambreville
World Soul

Post by Ambreville » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 pm

It looks like an ad by Marcus Theaters: "Why view anything on a small screen when you can have. . . ULTRASCREEN!" :D
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Ambreville wrote:I'm told this is the proper place to ask for a Calidar board. Perhaps now is a good time to have a specific place for discussions about Calidar, where existing discussions could be relocated. Feasible? Desirable?
This is indeed the right place. :)

There is normally a ten thread/five posting members minimum*, but Ashtagon already said (elsewhere) that she would give you a forum if you wanted one and I've double checked before setting up our new Calidar forum. I've also moved all the Calidar threads I could find (except the one that is temporarily bumped up to a global announcement) into the new forum.

* = I'm saying this for the benefit of anyone else making any later requests. Just so you know that the current rules do still stand.

You didn't supply a suggestion for the forum blurb, so I adapted what was done for the blurb for Frank Mentzer's Aquaria forum and gave you: "Join the Star Phoenix in Stranger Skies in Bruce Heard's Calidar Setting." I can change that later on, if need be. :)
Ambreville wrote:I do have a logo that could be used for now:

Very nice, but logos for forums at The Piazza need to be in a 90x30 pixel format (as per what Thorf posted). If you see what Thorf did, he also pulled out some of the background elements to make the logo more readable in the smaller size.
Thorf wrote:Here's a small version. I can't seem to make it look sharp, for some reason.
I had that problem trying to make the Nentir Vale forum logo. Maybe we could start a thread about how to make small logos that look sharp. Perhaps there are some settings that might help everyone.
Thorf wrote:Image
I do not have access to upload logos to the server, but have let Ashtagon know about your logos.

Are you up for being a moderator in the Calidar forum, Thorf?
Ambreville wrote:It looks like an ad by Marcus Theaters: "Why view anything on a small screen when you can have. . . ULTRASCREEN!" :D
:lol:

Just FYI: This thread is technically a "no chit-chat please" thread, so if you do want to discuss the forum logo for your new forum, it is probably best to create a "Calidar forum logo" thread over in your new forum. Otherwise the non-essential replies from other people will make it harder for the admins to find the unfinished business above your forum request. (We have a few outstanding logo requests and one other forum request that are still in the queue to be dealt with.)

Thorf
Cartomancer

Post by Thorf » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks, David.

About being a moderator - since I'm involved in Calidar, that may constitute a conflict of interest. Probably best to avoid that potential problem, I think.

Regarding the logo - please use the one with the black background.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:11 am

Thorf wrote:About being a moderator - since I'm involved in Calidar, that may constitute a conflict of interest. Probably best to avoid that potential problem, I think.
Fair enough. I'll leave the forum with the global moderators for now.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Hmm, I might make a slight alteration to my logo design.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Request for Spelljammer Fanzine Editors Forum

Post by Big Mac » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:09 pm

I've got a Project Forum request for a private forum for the Spelljammer Fanzine editors.

Name: Spelljammer Fanzine (This name may change once the fanzine's name is formally chosen).
Blurb: Editorial forum for the Spelljammer Fanzine (Again, this blurb may change)
Campaign World: Spelljammer
Forum Admins: Big Mac, Night Druid (any other admins to be confirmed later)
Forum Members: Erin (username to be confirmed), Knighfall, TAD, Sable Aradia, AuldDragon, Cliff (username to be confirmed), Deryn Naythas.

I'm awaiting confirmation from several members, who have expressed an interest, before the final form of the project was agreed off-Piazza: Loki (maybe - username to be confirmed as he has one dead account) Ashtagon (maybe), Jaid (maybe), Chimpman (maybe), Silverblade (maybe), GM Westermeyer (maybe).

See this thread, in the Spelljammer forum, for more details: Spelljammer Fan Magazine? Please would anyone I have listed as a maybe confirm their involvement in the other thread, so that I can add them to the membership group or strike them from the list.

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Re: Request for Spelljammer Fanzine Editors Forum

Post by Ashtagon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Big Mac wrote:I've got a Project Forum request for a private forum for the Spelljammer Fanzine editors.

Name: Spelljammer Fanzine (This name may change once the fanzine's name is formally chosen).
Blurb: Editorial forum for the Spelljammer Fanzine (Again, this blurb may change)
Campaign World: Spelljammer
Forum Admins: Big Mac, Night Druid (any other admins to be confirmed later)
Forum Members: Erin (username to be confirmed), Knighfall, TAD, Sable Aradia, AuldDragon, Cliff (username to be confirmed), Deryn Naythas.

I'm awaiting confirmation from several members, who have expressed an interest, before the final form of the project was agreed off-Piazza: Loki (maybe - username to be confirmed as he has one dead account) Ashtagon (maybe), Jaid (maybe), Chimpman (maybe), Silverblade (maybe), GM Westermeyer (maybe).

See this thread, in the Spelljammer forum, for more details: Spelljammer Fan Magazine? Please would anyone I have listed as a maybe confirm their involvement in the other thread, so that I can add them to the membership group or strike them from the list.
Make it so.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Sable Aradia
Autognome

Post by Sable Aradia » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Yes, please, if you wouldn't mind, this would be of use to us, since we have now put together our initial development team and this would give us a place to exchange ideas and discuss information. I would definitely like to be on this list (of course). Thank you.
Blessed be,
Sable

Toy Soldier Saga: http://toysoldiersaga.wordpress.com
Toy Soldier Saga on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/toysoldiersaga
Wildspace: The Spelljammer Fanzine!: http://spelljammerblog.wordpress.com

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”