Forum Request Thread

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Forum Request Thread

Post by Havard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:31 pm

More alternity threads:
[Alternity] 2nd Setting viewtopic.php?t=17897
[Alternity] System Guide to Aegis: Is it Worth It?viewtopic.php?t=5939
[Alternity] Any fans here? viewtopic.php?t=5655
[free] Alternity Science Fiction RPG Beta Test Edition viewtopic.php?t=17541
[Alternity] Modules viewtopic.php?t=17896
Alternity makes a comeback (kind of)!! viewtopic.php?t=16175
alternity vs. d20 modern/future viewtopic.php?t=11670
[Alternity] Magitech! viewtopic.php?f=86&t=11604
[Alternity] FAQs viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17898

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:19 pm

How about having a Mystara sub-forum dedicated to Threshold - The Mystara Magazine?
For once finding a suitable forum logo should be very straightforward ;)
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Havard wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:31 pm
More alternity threads:
Thanks for this, Havard.

Forum creation is temporarily on hold, while we check to see if the issue with logging in and posting is cleared, but those links will help me get the prep work done.
Yaztromo wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:19 pm
How about having a Mystara sub-forum dedicated to Threshold - The Mystara Magazine?
For once finding a suitable forum logo should be very straightforward ;)
Actually Threshold Magazine already has a sub-forum in the Mystara forum. (It's a private forum for the Threshold staff to discuss work on upcoming issues.)

There are a lot of public topics about Threshold Magazine (that are outside of that private forum). So it almost certainly meets the 10 topic limit and probably meets the 5 active posters limit. But I'm wondering what the advantage of moving those topics into a (second) bespoke sub-forum might be*. :?

* = ...compared to alternatives, like a Threshold Magazine master sticky, that a moderator uses to add links to every Threshold Magazine topic.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:46 am

Mostly the Threshold public thread are either announcements, which should really stay in the main Mystara forum, the index of articles I made, which also should stay in the main forum, or discussion about individual articles which however may be of any Mystaran topic, so they fit better the main Mystara forum.
Also the Mystara forum IMO has already many subforums and sticky topics, some are quite old and redundant and could be easily merged.
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 am

Sturm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:46 am
Mostly the Threshold public thread are either announcements, which should really stay in the main Mystara forum, the index of articles I made, which also should stay in the main forum, or discussion about individual articles which however may be of any Mystaran topic, so they fit better the main Mystara forum.
An index might help with Threshold topics that are still relevant* (like discussions about individual articles).

* = Something like a call for submissions for Issue 3 might be of historical interest, but doesn't really need to get bumped. But an question about an NPC in an old article might still be relevant for a newbie Mystara fan who is catching up and learning stuff.
Sturm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:46 am
Also the Mystara forum IMO has already many subforums and sticky topics, some are quite old and redundant and could be easily merged.
We have already been through that before. There was a lot of behind the scenes discussion about it last time. :)

Thorf merged all of his project forums into a single subforum at one point. I was a bit concerned to have projects merge, but it turned out OK. That's probably because it was a number of projects being run by a single person. It's not so easy if people (especially outsiders) want to see different projects get merged**.

** = The Piazza was actually set up as Ashtagon's response to Gleemax deciding to merge forums of different D&D settings together, against the will of the fans who wrote in them all. So the idea of merging projects together is not an easy one...especially if it is not the project owner/s asking to merge things.

A "Master Sticky" (that is a sticky topic that has a list of other topics that would be stickies, but are not pinned above regular topics) could allow for some topics to be unpinned. But that's a discussion that is outside the scope of the Forum Request Thread. If you have the time to do the research on that, and post a list (in a separate topic) for the Mystara moderators to look at, that could be useful.

But I am aware that there has been previous talk of clutter at the top of the Mystara forum, so new Mystara subforum requests would be looked at carefully, with that in mind. (I think this is a "you can't please all of the people all of the time" thing. :) )
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Yes I added threads about articles in my index thread, to be updated soon.
I will propose a Master Sticky thread for Mystara in a separate topic.
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:07 pm
Havard wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:31 pm
More alternity threads:
Thanks for this, Havard.

Forum creation is temporarily on hold, while we check to see if the issue with logging in and posting is cleared, but those links will help me get the prep work done.
It was a bit fiddly (as I didn't know what all the Alternity campaign settings were) but it's done! :)
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 am

Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 pm
It was a bit fiddly (as I didn't know what all the Alternity campaign settings were) but it's done! :)
Huzzah! Thanks for the hard work! Should stray topics we stumble across be "reported" to get bumped into their new home?
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Post by Giant Space Hamster » Wed May 29, 2019 11:25 am

RobJN wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 am
Giant Space Hamster wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 pm
Huzzah! Thanks for the hard work! Should stray topics we stumble across be "reported" to get bumped into their new home?
Yes.

I think I got them all. You found some. Havard found some others. I asked for the names of Alternithy settings, so I could find some more.

I've made some redirects of relevant things that don't belong in the actual forum, (A lot of talk about the new Alternity is not actually about the game yet - just news about progress on the Kickstarter.)

But if I missed any, please report them.

Feel free to start new topics.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”