Can you infer Underdark terrain from Blood and Darkness?

“You think your people will be free? You think you have escaped me? You mortals will have nothing but war, not a moment of peace until a new God of War rises to replace me.” Discuss the Sundered Empire featured in the Chainmail campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Can you infer Underdark terrain from Blood and Darkness?

Postby Big Mac » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:45 pm

I asked before if it was possible to infer a Chainmail campaign from the Guidebooks, but now I'm asking a similar, but slightly different question.

Can you infer "random Underdark terrain encounters" from the terrain placement rules in Blood and Darkness?

In the Chainmail skirmish game, each player brings terrain with their warband and places it on the battlefield. In roleplaying terms, that's a bit bananas. But the terrain included in the Set 2 Guidebook is an indication of the sort of thing that would be found in the Underdark (or Underoerth) of Western Oerik.

I have not worked out yet, if Blood and Darkness scenarios are supposed to be playable anywhere in the Sundered Empire, of if the guildbook is supposed to specifically represent skirmishes that occur in a specific part of the Sundered Empire (where Stratis's blood has burned a lot of holes into the ground and left lots of Divine Sparks that can be harvested.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Chainmail