[Ahmut’s Legion] Does Ahmut’s Legion occupy any cities?

“You think your people will be free? You think you have escaped me? You mortals will have nothing but war, not a moment of peace until a new God of War rises to replace me.” Discuss the Sundered Empire featured in the Chainmail campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

[Ahmut’s Legion] Does Ahmut’s Legion occupy any cities?

Postby Big Mac » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Ahmut’s Legion was founded by an assassinated nomad. But has this faction taken control of any cities, towns or villiages?

I know that the faction has living humans, halflings, half-orcs and minotaurs in it. These faction members need to eat and drink and sleep. They would have the same sort of needs as living people anywhere else. So they would need to have some way to hunt and gather food and supply their needs (although the large number of undead in the Legion would probably mean that supply lines would not need to bring as much food and drink as the supply lines of other factions).

Furthermore, if the Shadow Priests and Death Clerics are still recruiting, there would need to be a number of humans who are either born and brought up in the area or they would have to bring humans in from outside of their region.

A city, town or village could give structure to these sort of things and could also have training facilities where the halflings, half-orcs and minotaurs learn their craft. Are there any mentioned in Chainmail canon?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Ahmut’s Legion] Does Ahmut’s Legion occupy any cities?

Postby night_druid » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm not sure Chainmail was ever developed to that level of detail. The only map I've ever seen of the setting is pretty vague, just the boundaries of kingdoms, each kingdom about the size of Keoland or larger (on a guess). I would assume there are hundreds of towns and cities in each kingdom, just none marked because no map of the area exists detailed enough to note them.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Re: [Ahmut’s Legion] Does Ahmut’s Legion occupy any cities?

Postby Big Mac » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 pm

night_druid wrote:I'm not sure Chainmail was ever developed to that level of detail. The only map I've ever seen of the setting is pretty vague, just the boundaries of kingdoms, each kingdom about the size of Keoland or larger (on a guess). I would assume there are hundreds of towns and cities in each kingdom, just none marked because no map of the area exists detailed enough to note them.

I'm not sure it was developed that much either.

I know that Ahmut was a nomad, so I'm wondering if the entire area could be the territory of nomads who travel around with tents or other portable houses.

Then we have an undead army rolling across the land killing people and raising them as undead.

So do they kill everyone they meet or do they get some people to work for them (and pick out a few to become Death Clerics)?

Or do they kill everyone from the "enemy" groups, but take control of the tribes that Ahmut used to fight for?

There might be something somewhere that drops a hint.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Chainmail