[Black Moon Chronicles] Miniatures from Ilyad Games

“You think your people will be free? You think you have escaped me? You mortals will have nothing but war, not a moment of peace until a new God of War rises to replace me.” Discuss the Sundered Empire featured in the Chainmail campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

[Black Moon Chronicles] Miniatures from Ilyad Games

Postby Big Mac » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:48 pm

I just went over to the Flanaess Geographical Society and found out, from the Grodog, that Ilyad Games produced a line of miniatures for the Black Moon Chronicles comics. Here is the Black Moon Chronicles page on the Lost Minis Wiki:
Black Moon Chronicles on the Lost Minis Wiki wrote:The Black Moon Chronicles range was based on the comic series written by François Marcela-Froideval in 14 volumes between 1989 and 2008. Ilyad Games produced this range of figures to be used with a supplement for the Le Retour des Dieux wargame. The magazine Ravage also commissioned a special version of Parsival for its subscribers.

Sadly, they don't have any photos over there, but they do have the names of all the miniatures. I'm going to list them here, as the names might give people ideas for characters/NPCs to include in a Black Moon Chronicles or Chainmail game:
  • BLLN01: Prince Parsifal
  • BLLN02: Brother Sinister
  • BLLN03: Feydreiva
  • BLLN04: Pile-ou-Face
  • BLLN05: Swordsmen of Light (2)
  • BLLN06: Imperial Legionaires (2)
  • BLLN07: Paladin of Justice
  • BLLN08: Knight of the Light
  • BLLN09: Black Orc Warrior 1
  • BLLN12: Arbalétriers Impériaux 1
  • BLLN18: Grey Orc Archers I
  • BLLN22: Guerrier orque noire 2
  • BLLN25: Empereur Haghendorf 1er
  • BLLN26: Desdemone
  • BLLN34: Guele d'acier 1
  • BLLN36: Garde Noir 1
  • BLLN37: Garde noir 2
  • BLLN38: Haazheel Thorn
  • BLLN39: Elémentaire de Feu
  • BLLN ??: Elémentair de l'air
  • BLLN46: Démon majeur 1
  • BLLN47: Brown Orc Lancers I
  • BLLN51: Chevalier des baronnies 2
  • BLLN52: Maitre Paladin Justice 1
  • BLLN63: Fratus Sinister 2
  • BLLN67: Prince Parsifal 2
  • BLLN68: Champion Orque Brun 1
  • BOLN01: Ghorghor Bey
  • BOLN02: Urmacht, Demon Lord
  • Parsifal: Paladin Chevalier de la justice

It's interesting that they have three colours of orcs. I didn't realise that Black Moon Chronicles had that. I wonder if those are three tribes or three specific races that have different coloured skin.

Has anyone ever seen any pictures of these minis? Does anyone own any of them?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Black Moon Chronicles] Miniatures from Ilyad Games

Postby Sturm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:51 am

If you type Ilyad Games Black Moon on Google images you can see a lot of them.

Some are also sold on Ebay, if you search for Ilyad games.

Nice find, did not know they existed! I do not recall any differences about subraces of orcs, maybe it is just a distinction of the miniatures.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Sturm wrote:If you type Ilyad Games Black Moon on Google images you can see a lot of them.

Some are also sold on Ebay, if you search for Ilyad games.

Nice find, did not know they existed! I do not recall any differences about subraces of orcs, maybe it is just a distinction of the miniatures.

Thanks.

This page has a picture of Grey Orcs on it, while this page features a Brown Orc.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Sturm » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Interesting but they seem much more gorilla-like than the orcs of the comic, IIRC..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Sturm wrote:Interesting but they seem much more gorilla-like than the orcs of the comic, IIRC..

I don't know the orcs of the comic well enough, but the minis do seem fairly gorilla-like.

I've actually been considering using Lord of the Rings orcs and D&D orcs together, to represent two different orcish races (orcs and scro ;) ) but I think that having access to a few more non-standard orcs might make the race seem like it is more varied. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Sturm » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 am

Well IIRC the orcs in the comics are quite human-like, with fangs, as they normally appear in later D&D editions. In the early editions they often appreared boar-like or with pig faces, but I do not recall gorilla-like orcs in D&D, but it could be.
In Mystara different animal-like aspects would make sense as supposedly humanoids evolved from beastmen..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Sturm wrote:Well IIRC the orcs in the comics are quite human-like, with fangs, as they normally appear in later D&D editions. In the early editions they often appreared boar-like or with pig faces, but I do not recall gorilla-like orcs in D&D, but it could be.

Maybe someone who knows something about the Black Moon Chronicles miniatures can shed light on these features. :?

Sturm wrote:In Mystara different animal-like aspects would make sense as supposedly humanoids evolved from beastmen..

I guess that different campaign settings could define the "evolution of orcs" in different ways (if they used evolution at all).

I wonder if there are any Greyhawk sources that explain the origin of orcs. I wonder if Black Moon Chronicles has it's own orc origins defined. :?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Chainmail