Chivalry & Sorcery Material for OD&D?

From Men & Magic to Unearthed Arcana; OD&D & Holmes.
The Book-House: Find OD&D products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

Chivalry & Sorcery Material for OD&D?

Postby Havard » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 am

From this thread:

LimeOdyssey wrote:The C&S stuff I had which was D&D 'compatible" was OD&D stats for lead miniatures that people had produced. Like the C&S Saurians book but smaller. One of them had very odd and lumpy looking "ogres" which the accompanying text said were meant to be ogres defending a castle, with rules for using sandcastles - like at the beach sandcastles for the terrain. A recipe for losing miniatures I always thought. The other one was an adventure in a kingdom so technically it provided a campaign setting, but it was just four encounter tables. It seemed to be based on the old Thief of Baghdad film and the old Zorro films. It could have been a very cool campaign but as far as I know it never got fleshed out. Can't even remember the names of the town in the ogre one any more, or the name of the kingdom.

Anyone know more about this? How much material like this was ever published? What sort of information about setting and rules could be found there beyond what LimeOdyssey mentions here?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Chivalry & Sorcery Material for OD&D?

Postby finarvyn » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:58 pm

I had a copy of C&S back in the day. Confusing rules, tiny font size. I don't remember anything useful for my OD&D campaign, but maybe I didn't look hard enough. Can't help with this, I guess. :oops:
Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
OD&D Player Since 1975
Original D&D Discussion
I'm partly responsible for the S&W White Box
finarvyn
Orc

Re: Chivalry & Sorcery Material for OD&D?

Postby Havard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:48 pm

finarvyn wrote:I had a copy of C&S back in the day. Confusing rules, tiny font size. I don't remember anything useful for my OD&D campaign, but maybe I didn't look hard enough. Can't help with this, I guess. :oops:

Yeah, one of my friends was trying to get a campaign started for C&S back in the 1990s. I remember not being too impressed with the rules I saw back then, but I would have joined if he had actually gotten the game started. That was a much later edition of the game though, so I was wondering if maybe the early versions of C&S might have been more similar to OD&D?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to Original D&D