Ghostwalk This Way #1: Easy Rider

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

willpell
Black Dragon

Ghostwalk This Way #1: Easy Rider

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 pm

I've been going through the Ghostwalk book lately, and I'm currently having some time on my hands, so I'm going to start a new series of topics about Ghostwalk. I will eventually have some pretty decent-sized things to talk about, but for the moment I don't have the book handy, and my memory is failing me as usual, so I'm going to talk about one very tiny, petty thing which is all I can currently recollect.

Assuming that the feat "Skill Focus" exists in 3.0, which I haven't personally confirmed but strongly suspect is true, the feat "Saddleback" is completely useless unless it stacks with Skill Focus, and therefore I assume it does. So, for any human character born in Thurkasia (or a Fighter character, even if the "human" part is waived for one reason or another - maybe the GM decides to put the Killoren into that country or something), you can burn two feats and have a +6 to all Ride rolls. How much of an effect is this going to have on the viability of the Mounted Combat line of feats?

Not much of a question, admittedly, but it's all I have just at the moment. This thread can also double as a general discussion thread for the "Ghostwalk This Way" series; if there's a topic you'd like to see me cover, feel free to propose it here. (If it involves, oh just as a random example, the intersection of Ghostwalk with Spelljammer, I may not have very much authority to speak on it, but I'll try to come up with something, however uninformed and barely-constructive an opinion it might end up being.)

thorr-kan
Ogre

Re: Ghostwalk This Way #1: Easy Rider

Post by thorr-kan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 am

Skill Focus exists in 3.0, and it provides an untyped bonus, so it stacks.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 am

willpell wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 pm
Assuming that the feat "Skill Focus" exists in 3.0, which I haven't personally confirmed but strongly suspect is true, the feat "Saddleback" is completely useless unless it stacks with Skill Focus, and therefore I assume it does. So, for any human character born in Thurkasia (or a Fighter character, even if the "human" part is waived for one reason or another - maybe the GM decides to put the Killoren into that country or something), you can burn two feats and have a +6 to all Ride rolls. How much of an effect is this going to have on the viability of the Mounted Combat line of feats?

Not much of a question, admittedly, but it's all I have just at the moment.
The Open Gaming Foundatation have an archived copy of the 3.0 SRD.

Skill Focus is there. You can download the RTF file to confirm the feat works the way you think it does.

What do you mean by "viability of the Mounted Combat line of feats"? I'm struggling to work out how that relates to Thurkasia. It sounds like more of a min/max discussion. :?
willpell wrote:
This thread can also double as a general discussion thread for the "Ghostwalk This Way" series; if there's a topic you'd like to see me cover, feel free to propose it here. (If it involves, oh just as a random example, the intersection of Ghostwalk with Spelljammer, I may not have very much authority to speak on it, but I'll try to come up with something, however uninformed and barely-constructive an opinion it might end up being.)
There is no intersection of Ghostwalk with Spelljammer.

At a push, Ghostwalk intersects with Manual of the Planes/Planescape.

That's about it, although some of the feats in Ghostwalk have been raided from Forgotten Realms books, so it might be worth looking at other FR sourcebooks that might have similar content.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 am
What do you mean by "viability of the Mounted Combat line of feats"? I'm struggling to work out how that relates to Thurkasia. It sounds like more of a min/max discussion. :?
Well yeah, pretty much. Like I said:
willpell wrote:
Not much of a question, admittedly, but it's all I have just at the moment.
Moving on...
There is no intersection of Ghostwalk with Spelljammer.
Well then why did you create this "[Manifestspace]" topic? I thought you were saying those setting did, or at least could, intersect.

Return to “Ghostwalk”