Ghost Feats for the living

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Ghost Feats for the living

Post by Big Mac » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:06 am

Page 28 of the Ghostwalk hardback pretty much says that Ghost Feats are useless to anyone who is brought back to life:
Chapter 1: All About Ghosts: Feats wrote:Feats with the [Ghost] descriptor can only be used by ghosts unfetted by a physical body. A living creature can select ghost feats, but cannot use them unless a ghost. Ghost feats selected while the character was a ghost carry over to when the character is living, but cannot be used until the character is a ghost again. Magical abilities granted by ghost feats are often called ghost powers.

Ghost feats also have a ghost power path descriptor, such as [Corrupter] or [Haunt]. These categories do not limit feat selection in any way, but simply identiry which path a feat belongs to.

Unless otherwise stated, ghosts feats are supernatural abilities.
What I was just thinking was that there are some circumstances when a character might become "unfetted by a physical body" without dying. So I thought it might be interesting to consider if it would be appropriate to have some or all of the ghost powers work for an incorporeal (living) character.

I think this could...and probably should work for characters using the Astral Projection spell.

Can anyone think of anything else that removes PCs from their own bodies?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Khedrac
Ostego

Re: Ghost Feats for the living

Post by Khedrac » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:49 am

Spirit Shamans get the ability to go incorporeal, now while this does not remove the SS from their body, the body is no longer "physical".
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

Return to “Ghostwalk”