[5e][Ghostwalk] Ghostwalker: Eidolon

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[5e][Ghostwalk] Ghostwalker: Eidolon

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:51 am

Spilled Ale Studios announced on Twitter that they have converted the Eidolon Class (from Ghostwalk) to 5th Edition:
Spilled Ale Studios @spilledale on Twitter wrote:Today I released https://www.dmsguild.com/product/295502/Ghostwalker-Eidolon!

It converts the Eidolon class (corporeal ghosts) from the #dnd 3.5 era Ghostwalk campaign setting! Plus 3 feats and nearly 30 new spells for good measure, as well as great interior art by @FabrizioART.
Here is the blurb from the Ghostwalker: Eidolon page on DMs Guild:
Ghostwalker: Eidolon wrote:Ghostwalker: Eidolon
From Spilled Ale Studios
Watermarked PDF $4.49

For some heroes, death is merely the next stage of their adventure.

“A dwarf bedecked in leather armour and a cloak prowls through the twisting, narrow alleys of a city, remaining a careful distance from the crook she’s tracking. Caught briefly under a narrow beam of light from between the shutters of a window overhead she appears pale and strangely translucent. Her cloak flutters around her though there is no wind, and a dagger slowly spins in the air above her outstretched hand.

A wild-haired elf whose youthful ectoplasmic features are marred by the horrific acidic death of their past life retreats from the fray, trusting their comrades to occupy a foul manticore. The wizard intones words of great power: green energies burn around their right eye and curl from their hands to staff tip as they prepare to cast a powerfully destructive spell.

Three hobgoblins play dice in the guard room of a grim fort, unaware of the doom approaching. A spectral orc charges right through the wall, apparently unhindered by the “wounds” in his chest that seep a spectral echo of blood. With a snarl the orc raises his mighty axe on high and thunders towards his hated foes."

All these are ghostwalkers; each a hero that has not been halted by death but has instead been bound to the material plane and a corporeal form through magical means. Ghostwalkers continue to adventure in an ectoplasmic form known as an eidolon. With minimal lore changes, you could also use these rules to play a PC revenant!

This product contains the following:
  • Rules for Eidolons (ghosts made corporeal, eidolons can still walk the material plane and interact with the living).
  • The full 20-level Ghostwalker class progression.
  • 7 Ghostwalker Paths — Corruptor, Dominator, Eidoloncer, Haunt, Poltergeist, Shaper, and Traveller. Each path collects related ghostly powers. Ghostwalkers get few core features, and instead develop their ghostly abilities in 3 paths as they gain levels.
  • 3 Feats.
  • 27 Spells.
So the interesting thing here is that the Eidolon, itself, is legit for DMs Guild conversion, but the city of Manifest and the surrounding countries are not. But, if you like Ghostwalk and you like 5th Edition, you can use this conversion and add in the setting from your 3e book.

(I don't know if the fact that the PDF contains spells means that the Eidolon Class rolls in features from the Eidoloncer Class.)

On top of that Spilled Ale Studios is giving away five free copies of Ghostwalker: Eidolon on Twitter!:
Spilled Ale Studios @spilledale on Twitter wrote:I released Ghostwalker: Eidolon early! It's available here:

SO: the first 5 people to like, retweet, and tell me in a reply what character they want to make get a free copy!

GO!
Head over to Twitter, if you want a chance to win a copy of this.

(If you do make any Ghostwalk characters, I'd love to know what you make.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: [5e][Ghostwalk] Ghostwalker: Eidolon

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:04 am

I can't tell which tweet is the one to reply to. I replied to three different ones. Maybe I still submitted my idea in time.

Thanks for the heads up!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:04 am
I can't tell which tweet is the one to reply to. I replied to three different ones. Maybe I still submitted my idea in time.

Thanks for the heads up!
Sorry for the confusion. I believe it is the second Tweet that I posted:
Spilled Ale Studios @spilledale on Twitter wrote:I released Ghostwalker: Eidolon early! It's available here:

SO: the first 5 people to like, retweet, and tell me in a reply what character they want to make get a free copy!

GO!
There is another Tweet, where Spilled Ale Studios talks about doing a Tweet for people to reply to to win stuff. But that Tweet was talking about the Tweet being a later Tweet.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm
Sorry for the confusion. I believe it is the second Tweet that I posted.
Then I appear to have gotten in within the first five. We'll see if they reach out to me. Either way, it's cool to see them take a stab at bringing the class to 5e.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:41 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 pm
I appear to have gotten in within the first five. We'll see if they reach out to me. Either way, it's cool to see them take a stab at bringing the class to 5e.
They requested my DMsGuild email address. I look forward to checking the class out.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:41 am
Tim Baker wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 pm
I appear to have gotten in within the first five. We'll see if they reach out to me. Either way, it's cool to see them take a stab at bringing the class to 5e.
They requested my DMsGuild email address. I look forward to checking the class out.
That's awesome!

I didn't enter myself, as I didn't want to steal a slot from someone who uses 5th Edition rules.

I look forward to hearing what you think of this.

(Maybe there will even be a 13th Age Icons of Manifest topic, at some point. ;) )

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 am
Maybe there will even be a 13th Age Icons of Manifest topic, at some point. ;)
I'd be interested to read such a thread, but don't know enough about Ghostwalk to be able to contribute. I have a high-level understanding of the setting, but that's about it, I'm afraid.

Return to “Ghostwalk”