[Ghostwalk] What other books are good for Ghostwalk?

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Ghostwalk] What other books are good for Ghostwalk?

Post by Big Mac » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:23 am

Seeing as the Ghostwalk Campaign Setting was only given a single hardback, I am wondering what other D&D books would be useful for adding similar ideas to the setting.

Chapter 3 of the campaign setting book has information about "The Ghostwalk Campaign". Page 115 (the first section of Chapter 3) is the "Starting a Ghostwalk Campaign" and that gives options for Manifest: "Will you add it to an existing setting, or will you use only what's provided here?" And page 134 (the last section of Chapter 3) has the "Inserting Manifest Into an Existing Campaign" section, which gives options for both Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk. I'm thinking that it is a real shame that there was not a section in Chapter 3 to explain how to raid compatible ideas from other books.

So I would actually like to work out how to use Ghostwalk as a campaign setting, but not "use only what's provided here". I would like to "Insert Other things into a Ghostwalk Campaign".

Firstly, I am going to assume that all the options in that section (including the 500-1,000 mile limit to the effect of True Afterlife) do not apply. Secondly, I'm going to assume that the countries from Chapter 4 exist and that there are further countries beyond the edges of the map. Essentially, I am thinking of an entire planet (or even an entire crystal sphere) where ghosts go to the city of Manifest.

Two books I have had recommended to me are Libris Mortis and Heroes of Horror. Both of these books were published after Ghostwalk was published. Does anyone have either of them? Are there ideas that could be raided (either for use with ghost PCs or for evil undead)?

Are there any other D&D books that you would recommend?

I would be most interested in any books that can make Ghostwalk ghost PCs work outside of Manifest.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [Ghostwalk] What other books are good for Ghostwalk?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:21 am

The Spirit Shaman class from Complete Divine would probably be a good addition to a Ghostwalk campaign; they get a slew of class features that affect the spirit world and at 9th level they gain the ability to temporarily become an incorporeal spirit and at 13th level they are able to exorcise malevolent ghosts/spirits from those that they possess.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:33 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:The Spirit Shaman class from Complete Divine would probably be a good addition to a Ghostwalk campaign; they get a slew of class features that affect the spirit world and at 9th level they gain the ability to temporarily become an incorporeal spirit and at 13th level they are able to exorcise malevolent ghosts/spirits from those that they possess.
Thanks Angel. I'll have to check out Complete Divine sometime.

I wonder how a ghost Spirit Shaman would get on in Manifest. I guess their ability to become incorporeal would be useful. And they could boot other ghosts out of living characters. :)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:05 pm

All of them. All at once. :ugeek:

(more serious and better thought out response forthcoming. )

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Knightfall has suggested that some of the information from Serpent Kingdoms would build up the Yuan-ti. (Willpell thinks I should include them in my Races of Ghostwalk project.)

I'm going to start a new topic: Importing Serpent Kingdoms content to Ghostwalk

Return to “Ghostwalk”