Paladins (and Unlawful Paladins)

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Paladins (and Unlawful Paladins)

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:39 am

I just noticed something interesting about the Paladin character class in Ghostwalk:
Ghostwalk: Introduction: The Ghostwalk Campaign: Classes wrote:Paladins are uncommon in Manifest. Of the two commonly worshipped deities in the city, Dracanish does not inspire paladins, and Aluvan does so only rarely. Paladins from outside the city who have been taught that ghots are "undead that aught to be dispatched" have a difficult time, finding themselves in the strange position of being on the wrong side of the law. Even those who realise and accept the situation are occasionally uneasy in Manifest. Still others adapt and have no problem working with or even existing as ghosts, happily fighting against the evil undead and necromancers that threaten the city from time to time.
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting had some example Paladin Orders in it, but I don't see anything like that for Ghostwalk. I don't even see a list of what deity is worshipped where.

I'll see if I can work out a reverse table for Paladin deities that gives us any clues. For now, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that any deity except Dracanish, that is one setup away from Lawful Good does inspire some Paladins. So lets see how many Ghostwalk deities might have Paladin worshippers.

Paladins of Ghoswalk

I read the religion sections (and added bold locations) and then read the countries chapter and added the non-bold locations. What this tells us is that paladins can potentially be worshippers of Aluvan, Chaniud, Duraan, Eanius or Uhanam. (I've listed the deties that do not have paladins for completeness. Their names are in italics.)

PRE-POST EDIT: Bah! I should have just reread the countries secions. Here is what each one says:

* = Chaniud, Duraan (dwarves) or Uhanam.

This suggests that we have seven different paladin orders, dedicated to five different deities (with Chaniud and Duraan both having two different orders).

Has anyone got an idea about which of these paladin orders would be most likely to attack the ghosts of the City of Manifest?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Ghostwalk”