Monsters of Ghostwalk

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

Monsters of Ghostwalk

Postby Big Mac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:54 pm

I was flipping through Ghostwalk the other night, and I thought I saw a reference to giant ants, but now I can't find it. I flipped through the book to see if there was anything like a list of the Monsters of Ghostwalk, or encounter tables, but I couldn't see either.

I thought I would start a topic, where I could post whenever I saw a namedrop of a monster, and then work out how many monsters are mentioned in Ghostwalk canon. (I realise that a GM would not be limited to those monsters, but if Monte Cook and Sean K Reynolds namechecked monsters, I figure that they are the more common monsters.)

Tim Baker mentioned the Creatures search system on the (4e) Dungeons & Dragons Compendium page (in the Monsters Index topic in the 4e forum) and I know of the Monster Index (on the 3rd Edition part of the WotC site) and the d20 Monster Filter (on the 3.5 section of The Hypertext d20 SRD website). I'm going to use the latter as the basis of a table of Ghostwalk monsters (but I'll add an extra Source column, based on the D&D Compendium page). Hopefully this will eventually give me a quick index to look up any monsters mentioned as being part of the Ghostwalk campaign.

MONSTERS OF GHOSTWALK:

LAST EDIT (by Big Mac 1 Apr 2017): Creatures summoned by Figurines of Wondrous Power in Chapter 1 added.
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon May 01, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Monsters of Ghostwalk

Postby Big Mac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:58 pm

I've added in the monsters from Chapter 5. I'm not totally happy with the representation of the templates (and I'm going to need to pull out my copy of Monster Manual I to check the vampire stuff that Ghostwalk left out.

I'm also wondering if it would be worth adding in the Level Adjustment (as that would show up playable monsters). I'll have a think on that, because I might also need to add in HD if I add in the LA. :?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:34 am

Sounds like a very useful project for any Ghostwalk DMs. Thanks for taking the time to compose this.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby willpell » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:55 pm

I seem to recall liking Necroplasm and Spirit Trees, and the Ghosteater is nicely bizarre looking. Ectoplasmic Vermin are just a weird idea. Dread Ram is neat. I think there was also some really neat sort of humanoid undead, but I'm not sure which.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Mon May 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Creatures summoned by Figurines of Wondrous Power in Chapter 1 added.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Ghostwalk