Locked out of Sean K Reynolds Boards - resolved

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Locked out of Sean K Reynolds Boards - resolved

Post by Big Mac » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:01 am

I've been trying to re-read some of the Ghostwalk topics on the Sean K Reynolds Boards, but since they moved from Yuku to this Tapatalk URL I've found it impossible to get logged in (and without being logged in, it's impossible to read any topics).

There used to be a workaround, with Yuku, where you could go back to your "home" forum, log in there, and then navigate across to other forums. But I can't seem to get that to work on Tapatalk.

Does anyone know of a workaround that might get me back onto the Sean K Reynolds Boards?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Locked out of Sean K Reynolds Boards

Post by Big Mac » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 pm

I am back in! I am back in! Woot!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:18 am

Any idea what happened? Or how others can join, if they want to?
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:19 am

Tim Baker wrote:Any idea what happened?
Sean K Reynolds, and some other D&D pros and fans set up forums on some sort of forum farm, where a company hosts multiple different boards for different subjects. I think that Monty Cook might have set up his forum on the same company.

The company that Sean K Reynolds had his forum on has been taken over at least twice. I found it, when it had moved to Yuku. I also found Andy Collins's forums on Yuku (and Monty Cook's forums and Xander212's World of Warcraft forums.

I know that...when these forums were being run by Yuku, people were already talking about them having migrated from at least one other company. I also noticed that Sean's forums and Xander212's forum both had the same login, but worked in different ways. (Essentially, they were different types of forums that had the same login details.)

I signed up to Xander212's forums, because I was trying to learn more about World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game (and The Piazza didn't have a bespoke forum for it - or Ghostwalk - back then).

Back on Yuku, I would have to log in via Xander212's forum, then go to a navigation menu, where I could jump to any other forum I had "joined" and I would be logged in there. I could not log into those forums directly, and the forum used to list me as something like "Big Mac.warcraft" (not that exactly).

That changed when things moved over to Tapatalk. I couldn't get that to work.

And initially, I couldn't log in directly to the individual forums. But I just got into Sean's forum, so maybe it was just Monty's forum that won't let me in. :?

Anyhoo, there is not much going on there any more, so all I need to do is finish my "secret Ghostwalk project".
Tim Baker wrote:Or how others can join, if they want to?
I can't help you with that, as I'm already a member of the specific groups I want to raid information from.

I tried to register on one - one where I could not log in, and the registration email never got to me. But it's possible that is because I was already registered.

I will warn you that, one of the problems with these forums moving multiple times, is that the various companies that bought out the previous companies did not all put in redirects. So some people linking to these forums (including some of the people with the websites the forums were set up to support) have dead links, that no longer link to those forums. And that means that most of these - formerly awesome forums - are mostly dormant, if not totally dead.

I'm actually trying to extract some Ghostwalk forum in case Tapatalk - or a future forum farm company - decided to dump some of these dormant forums, with awesome information on some of the posts.

If you really want to sign up, Tim, just try it, and see if you get the activation email.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:42 am

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 am

Tim Baker wrote:Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
You're welcome.

BTW: The last post on Sean's boards (by SKR himself) was posted 19 Aug 2014.

If you are interested in any of his projects, let me know, and I can use the board's built in search system to see if I can find out how many post there are about it. (For example, he has 117 matches for "Ghostwalk".) Maybe that would tell you if it was worth being able to read about that specific project.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 am

Big Mac wrote:
Tim Baker wrote:Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
You're welcome.

BTW: The last post on Sean's boards (by SKR himself) was posted 19 Aug 2014.

If you are interested in any of his projects, let me know, and I can use the board's built in search system to see if I can find out how many post there are about it. (For example, he has 117 matches for "Ghostwalk".) Maybe that would tell you if it was worth being able to read about that specific project.
That's super helpful. Thanks again!

Return to “Ghostwalk”