Do the Outer Planes actually connect to Ghostwalk?

"And if I die I'll see you in Manifest before I go."
The Book-House: Find the Ghostwalk book.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Do the Outer Planes actually connect to Ghostwalk?

Post by Big Mac » Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 am

I already have a topic, called The True Afterlife (from Ghostwalk) vs Planescape cosmology, but that was more about what that specific plane was, rather than a general conversation about how the Great Wheel cosmology might need to be altered to fit with Ghostwalk.

I was wondering before if there was a connection between the Outer Planes and Ghostwalk, but I just realised that cultists summoned Orcus to the Ghostwalk world...and that they continue to be able to summon Outsiders there. :idea:

Orcus and his minions must have came from somewhere. So, I'm thinking that we might be able to infer some sort of relationship to the Planes, by looking at creatures mentioned in Ghostwalk, that are not native to the Material Plane (and seeing where Planescape...or other sources normally says that those creatures originate from).

I think there would need to be some sort of customisation to the connection to those planes (we know that dead people can not go to them, for example) but it would be interesting to see if we can read between the lines and work anything out for ourselves.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Ghostwalk”