Council of Wyrms: War of Fire and Steel

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Contingency_sys
Goblin

Council of Wyrms: War of Fire and Steel

Post by Contingency_sys » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Way back in 1995 I started a campaign for the Council of Wyrms boxed set. Before the years end that group ended gameplay and I took the Boxset back to the drawing board. I advanced the material beyond the box set. Building the rest of the world, advancing the war of the clans, deepening the lore, developing the view beyond the eyes of the dragons. I did all this using my own creation of of a game mechanics system called CONTINGENCY. I ran the new campaign for a group for 5 yrs, and another group for 2 more beyond that. I revisited the world for some open game day events I ran running over 100 people through one shots and dungeon crawls through that world. Lately I've been going through my older material and reorganizing them all into binders that are more accessable. Started a site on this one.

https://contingencysystem.wixsite.com/Okarthel

I think you might enjoy. Just the rough site is up. I put it together in a few hours yesterday. Tons more info will be uploaded there over the course of the next month or so. You'll get the idea. It's usable both table device and mobile so don't worry. I've got both uses covered.

Contingency_sys
Goblin

Re: Council of Wyrms: War of Fire and Steel

Post by Contingency_sys » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:50 pm

This is straight from my intro notes, but editing will put the wording into a very easy to read flow once I've found all the rest of my original material from 1995. Been a few years. It's here, I know that. The adventure I ran more recently, and my previous ones. I uploaded 1 of my handdrawn maps as well but I have more art and material to keep your eyes open for. In context anyone could find some useful ideas here. I'll also be uploading a site for the other campaigns that had some length. My Athas: Rise of Tiamat, Eberron: Throne of Galifar, Tomb of Horrors: Casket of Souls , Heroes of Daggerford, and a plethora of others. I've DMd for over 22yrs and ran many public play events over the years. Many bosting 5 to 10yr groups at the flgs in league play events.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:05 pm

I really like the logo.

I see that some of the pages are still waiting for content, but it's impressive that you have that Council of Wyrms website.

I'd say it was the best looking CoW website, I have ever seen! :cool:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Contingency_sys
Goblin

Post by Contingency_sys » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Thanks. Its a web format layout that I had planned in my CONTINGENCY notebook. Figured it was time to give those layouts a test run. Worked out well. There is a link for everything where it needs to be.

Contingency_sys
Goblin

Post by Contingency_sys » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm on twitter pretty regularly and keep my FB page flowing with game material.
@Contingency_sys

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Shared with Council of Wryms Facebook group.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Return to “Council of Wyrms”