Gemstone Dragons - What lore is found in the CoW product line?

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Gemstone Dragons - What lore is found in the CoW product line?

Post by Havard »

In this thread, I talk about adapting some lore from AD&D 1st Ed and 3E sources to Mystara. I think the links in that thread might be of interest to Council of Wyrms fans as well even if the focus is on Mystara.

I know CoW offers playable Gemstone Dragons. What other details can be found on these Dragons in the CoW books? Do these books add any new Dragon NPCs?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Cromstar
Bugbear

Re: Gemstone Dragons - What lore is found in the CoW product line?

Post by Cromstar »

Havard wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 pm
I know CoW offers playable Gemstone Dragons. What other details can be found on these Dragons in the CoW books? Do these books add any new Dragon NPCs?

-Havard

I think in the setting material the only NPC with a lot of detail is the current head Custodian, an amethyst dragon, who is pretty highly tied to the setting. There may be some other gem dragons NPCs found in the adventures included with the setting box/book (I know there's at least one) but other than some basic stats I don't think any of them have great details.

Unfortunately nearly all of the lore in the books is setting specific if you're looking for something more general. About the most applicable bits that would be 'setting neutral' are the dragon classes and the stats for half-dragons. For gem dragons in particular, there was a...Dragon article? that had the psionicist class for them. This would allow for a way to create a gem dragon for another setting that would be...unexpected normally (trading out their magic spells for expanded psionic abilities essentially).

Edit: Havard, if there might be anything in particular you can think of that would interest you, that might help me dig up things that could be relevant?

Return to “Council of Wyrms”