Lesser Dragons

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Lesser Dragons

Post by Havard » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Lesser Dragons
Elemental Drake, Air
Elemental Drake, Water
Elemental Drake, Fire
Elemental Drake, Earth
Elemental Drake, Ooze
Elemental Drake, Magma
Elemental Drake, Smoke
Elemental Drake, Ice
Ambush drakes
Draconians
Dracotaurs
Dragon turtles
Dragonnel
Faerie dragons
Felldrakes
Landwyrms
Linnorms
Pseudodragons
Spiretop dragons
Wurms
Wyverns

The above is a list of Lesser Dragons that I found on Wikipedia. We already talked a bit about Linnorms, but do any of these other Lesser Dragons have a place in the Council of Wyrms setting?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Re: Lesser Dragons

Post by night_druid » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Dragonettes are pretty cool, too. They appeared in Dragon Magazine from time to time and some in the MC Annuals. I can see those in Council of Wyrms, no problem.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Coronoides
Ogre

Post by Coronoides » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am

Wyverns and Dragon Turtles are present, they are listed in the random encounter tables. None of the others are listed, not even those that pre-date CoW such as faerie dragons and pseudodragons. While something being listed on the tables is proof it is present, not being listed is just 'no information'
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/magh66x3ly8q5 ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:19 pm

Havard wrote:The above is a list of Lesser Dragons that I found on Wikipedia. We already talked a bit about Linnorms, but do any of these other Lesser Dragons have a place in the Council of Wyrms setting?
There is also the Golden Protector. I probably wouldn't suggest using those, unless someone wanted to run some sort of Council of Wyrms/Planescape crossover game. Even then, I'd probably suggest that you would need to make a number of similar outsider cross-breeds that are related to other types of dragons.

I would also suggest avoiding Draconians, as they are too closely associated with Dragonlance.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Council of Wyrms”