What can be used from Dragon Magic

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

What can be used from Dragon Magic

Post by Zeromaru X » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:38 pm

I was reading this book (a friend of mine have it), and it seems interesting. Seeing the theme of the book, what can be used for a CoW campaign?

I really like the idea of the draconfont.

Re: What can be used from Dragon Magic

Post by Coronoides » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Wow! Just had a quick look into this. The title caused me to nearly skip past, it should have been called 'Dragon Kingdoms' or something like that. After a very brief look I'd say quite a lot would be appropriate to CoW. Pity I don't play 3.5 but for those who do this looks like lots of neat ways to spice up your kindred.

Also I note Bill Slavicsek in the credits again.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8grwh41izy4z ... 8.pdf?dl=0

Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm

I originally had little interest in this book since it is filled with feats, spells and rules stuff that actually bores me a little (since I am lazy), but chapter 5: Draconic Campaigns has a lot of cool things that can be used with any edition. Much of this material should be pretty useful to CoW DMs, including map samles of a Dragon's Lair and the Temple of Tiamat.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is

White Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:06 pm

The book has a lot of very hacky content, like the alternate races that are all crossbreeds with dragons. But there's also a lot of good stuff. My favorite part of the book is that it actually expands on subsystems from earlier books - there's a Legacy Item, a Vestige for Binders, and three Soulmelds. Had this been the beginning rather than the end of Wizards making such books, the line as a whole would have been elevated.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Coronoides wrote:Also I note Bill Slavicsek in the credits again.
He is down as Director of RPG R&D, so I'd expect he is listed on a lot of books. But it would make sense for Owen K C Stephens and Rodney Thompson to talk to him.

I've seen other 3e books that refer back to 2e products, so it's a shame this didn't refer back to Council of Wyrms in the credits.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Council of Wyrms”