Dragonmarks?

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Dragonmarks?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:25 am

This hit as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep last night. It seems to be that the Dragonmarks (from the Eberron campaign setting), would be a natural fit in The Council of Wyrms. Perhaps the dragons intentionally created the Dragonmarks, and gifted them to their vassals. This is all I have right now, I'll post more about this when inspiration isn't being fickle.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Re: Dragonmarks?

Post by Coronoides » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Perhaps you could explain what ‘dragon marks’ are for those of us who completely missed the whole Eberon thing?
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 pm

There kind of already is Dragonmarks in Council of Wyrms, as each clan has it's own symbol.

The difference between the two is that there are 88 clans in Council of Wyrms, but only 13 Dragonmarks (one of which has been destroyed) in Eberron.

You would either have to recycle some of the Dragonmark powers or make more powers, to fill in the gaps. But I think it could be possible to have the races that assocaite with specific clans manifest the clan symbol as a birthmark.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Coronoides wrote:Perhaps you could explain what ‘dragon marks’ are for those of us who completely missed the whole Eberon thing?
There is actually an entire continent of dragons on Eberron. It's called Argonnessen. They have a Draconic Prophecy and sometimes meddle in the affairs of people living on the other continents, to give things a "nudge in the right direction".

Aside from that (and the fact that Dragonmarks are related to the prophecy) the dragons seem to mostly be a background thing. That's because most of the action on Ebberron takes place on a continent other than Argonnessen.

I think that Council of Wyrms could possibly pass as the ancient history of Eberron...

...or...

...if you go with the idea of a Draconic Prophecy...

...perhaps Council of Wyrms could pass as the far future of Eberron instead.

Both have quite a significant dragon theme. But I doubt that Keith Baker intended a connection.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Council of Wyrms”