Dragon Priests

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Dragon Priests

Post by Coronoides » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 am

This really is just a link to another thread I just found and I want to spread the word. Want more detail on the Dragon gods? Want ideas to flesh out your Dragon-Priests for AD&D 2e? Look no further than here and scroll down to the dragon god links!

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5493
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Re: Dragon Priests

Post by AuldDragon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 pm

A few of the deities have temples that I created within the Io's Blood Isles. :)

Jeff
Let's Play Old Games with AuldDragon (Youtube) | My 2nd Edition Blog
Monster Mythology Update Project | Spelljammer Livestream Campaign
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Are all of Io's Children mentioned in Council of Wyrms or are some of the ones that AuldDragon did missing there?

Is there anything in Council of Wyrms that AuldDragon has missed?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:00 pm

AuldDragon wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 pm
A few of the deities have temples that I created within the Io's Blood Isles. :)
Do you have a map of them?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Post by AuldDragon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:00 pm
Are all of Io's Children mentioned in Council of Wyrms or are some of the ones that AuldDragon did missing there?
The deities from Monster Mythology, along with Arcanic and Elemtia are mentioned in Council of Wyrms; those from The Draconomicon and other sources are not (Astilabor, Garyx, Hlal, Kalzareinad, Kereska, Lendys, Rais, Sardior, Tamara, Task, and Zorquan).
Big Mac wrote:
Do you have a map of them?
Nope.

Jeff
Let's Play Old Games with AuldDragon (Youtube) | My 2nd Edition Blog
Monster Mythology Update Project | Spelljammer Livestream Campaign
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Icarus
Ogre

Post by Icarus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:30 pm

I really gotta say, AuldDragon, I really like what you've done there!
I especially like the idea of that pantheon …
In Western Oerik, there's a nation that was once called the Dragon Empire, and it's remnants are now called "Ravilla".
I don't know if you follow that part of the setting … so, I don't wanna go over stuff you may already know.

Anyway, I think that -even thought it's a primarily elven nation- since they have drakes and smaller dragons and half-dragons and whatnot, it would be really cool to have not just Bahamut involved (which, in canon, he is), but, the whole rest of the pantheon, as well.

So, my only question is: there's a lot of these that I don't know anything about.
Garyx, Hlal, Kalzareinad, Kereska, Lendys, etc … I only know about half of them …
Where do they come from? I found some in Council of Wyrms, but I'm super curious about the ones I don't know!
[Edit: Well, oops! It looks like you already answered the question for Big Mac, yesterday afternoon, before I clicked "submit" for this!]
"And he did fly,... and he was seen on the wings of the wind."
My online Gallery of Artwork. Take a look at my illustrations!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:53 pm

AuldDragon wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:21 pm
Big Mac wrote:
The deities from Monster Mythology, along with Arcanic and Elemtia are mentioned in Council of Wyrms; those from The Draconomicon and other sources are not (Astilabor, Garyx, Hlal, Kalzareinad, Kereska, Lendys, Rais, Sardior, Tamara, Task, and Zorquan).
Sounds a bit like the way that the drow pantheon listed for Greyhawk and the drow pantheon listed for Forgotten Realms have some differences.

I take it that you were referring to the Forgotten Realms book FOR1: Draconomicon, rather than the 3e Draconomicon or the 4e Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons and Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons.

I'm wondering if 3e or 4e has unified the Council of Wyrms and Forgotten Realms dragon deities into a single pantheon...or if they have juggled them around a bit (adding or removing some).

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Icarus wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:30 pm
I really gotta say, AuldDragon, I really like what you've done there!
He has been working on those deities for equiceph's years. ;)

I do enjoy a long-term project that does cool things. :cool:
Icarus wrote:
I especially like the idea of that pantheon …
In Western Oerik, there's a nation that was once called the Dragon Empire, and it's remnants are now called "Ravilla".
I don't know if you follow that part of the setting … so, I don't wanna go over stuff you may already know.
I don't think I've ever seen AuldDragon posting in the Chainmail subforum, in the Greyhawk forum.

The fact that the empire was called the Dragon Empire might interest Coronoides, even if AuldDragon doesn't bite. Coronoides was looking at Forgotten Realms sources recently, to see how differently they treat dragon PCs.
Icarus wrote:
Anyway, I think that -even thought it's a primarily elven nation- since they have drakes and smaller dragons and half-dragons and whatnot, it would be really cool to have not just Bahamut involved (which, in canon, he is), but, the whole rest of the pantheon, as well.
That's something I've not thought of before. :)

There is also that unnamed nation to the east of the Sundered Empire that is ruled by dragons. Having a few more dragon religions would probably be more appropriate there.

And dragon PCs (including dragon clerics) might be appropriate there too.
Icarus wrote:
So, my only question is: there's a lot of these that I don't know anything about.
Garyx, Hlal, Kalzareinad, Kereska, Lendys, etc … I only know about half of them …
Where do they come from? I found some in Council of Wyrms, but I'm super curious about the ones I don't know!
[Edit: Well, oops! It looks like you already answered the question for Big Mac, yesterday afternoon, before I clicked "submit" for this!]
If you follow the links to Auld's write-ups, it looks like he has listed the source of each dragon deity. But I'm not sure if that is the only source...or the main source.

It might be worth skimming through the later versions of Draconomicon to see if any additional information has been created for existing dragon deities.

And if you want to discuss how some of this fits in with the Sundered Empire, we should probably start a topic in the other forum. :)

Return to “Council of Wyrms”