Sleeping Dragon (from Dungeon 48)

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Sleeping Dragon (from Dungeon 48)

Post by Big Mac » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Bill Slavicsek wrote a Council of Wyrms adventure, for Dungeon Magazine, called Sleeping Dragon. It was published in issue 48.

Has anyone used Sleeping Dragon in a Council of Wyrms game (or played a PC in the adventure)?

How well does it fit in with the boxed set?

Can anything in this adventure be used outside of the adventure (in a long-running campaign) or does the adventure work best as a one-shot?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Re: Sleeping Dragon (from Dungeon 48)

Post by Boneguard » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:44 pm

It's a solo adventure with a premade Duo (a Dragon and it's Elf rider). That being said, it looks easy enough to add in a solo campaign.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 am

Boneguard wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:44 pm
It's a solo adventure with a premade Duo (a Dragon and it's Elf rider). That being said, it looks easy enough to add in a solo campaign.
A solo adventure, huh? Well there is a shortage of solo adventures out there. I suppose solo gamers need love too. :)

Pregens are not my favourite thing. I always find it hard to connect to them. (It feels like railroading your PC design to me.)

I wonder if the adventure could be rebooted to work with people who don't want to run a solo-campaign (and/or people who don't want to use pregens).

Perhaps the dragon and elf pregens could be turned into NPCs who ask the player character group for help. :?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:49 am

My second favourite adventure for the setting. The adventure makes good use of dragon PC, NPCs, and the unique themes and features of the setting. Though designed as a one-off the writer included notes for using it in a campaign, it would occur shortly after the adventures in the boxed set.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am

Boneguard wrote:
For clarity ‘solo’ here means one DM and one player, not just a single person playing alone.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Coronoides wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am
Boneguard wrote:
For clarity ‘solo’ here means one DM and one player, not just a single person playing alone.
Sounds like it would be similar to things like Fighter's Challange. :)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Coronoides wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:49 am
My second favourite adventure for the setting. The adventure makes good use of dragon PC, NPCs, and the unique themes and features of the setting. Though designed as a one-off the writer included notes for using it in a campaign, it would occur shortly after the adventures in the boxed set.
Oooh.

So it's more of a sequel then.

That's useful to know.

Digitalelf
Gnoll

Post by Digitalelf » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:45 am

Since it introduces players to some of the "key" NPCs of the setting, along with its one-shot nature, I would run it before the adventures in the boxed set/hardback book.

In fact, I have been planning to run this adventure for my wife (who has no prior experience with the setting, and is still pretty new to gaming in general). Hopefully we be able to make the time to actually play through it relatively soon.
-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

Return to “Council of Wyrms”