[Council of Wyrms] What "connectivity" does CoW have?

Hear the wind rush by with each powerful flap of your scaled wings. You are a dragon - majestic, invincible, supreme!
The Book-House: Find Council of Wyrms products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Council of Wyrms] What "connectivity" does CoW have?

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:24 pm

I was talking to someone about Council of Wyrms yesterday and they told me that it has a Spelljammer connection. I've not got the boxed set yet, but I wonder if anyone could tell me what mentions the CoW material has for other settings.

I'm interested, in Spelljammer, but I'd also like to know if there are mentions of Planescape or Ravenloft connectivity (or do either of those product lines mention anything from Council of Wyrms)?

Today, another person said that they think of Council of Wyrms as a location, rather than a true setting. Is there any provision in the CoW material, for the CoW area to be placed into any of the other D&D campaign settings?

EDIT: I've made a new [Iospace] What connects Council of Wyrms to space? topic, to discuss what Council of Wyrms canon might help someone who does want to attempt a Spelljammer/Council of Wyrms crossover.
Last edited by Big Mac on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: [Council of Wyrms] What "connectivity" does CoW have?

Post by ripvanwormer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Council of Wyrms was deliberately isolated from other campaigns because dragon PCs would tend to unbalance them. It says "The time is the distant past, the world is an unnamed sphere much like Toril or Oerth yet subtly different." So not only does it explicitly not take place in any of the other established D&D worlds, it doesn't even take place in the same time period. They designed it so that there was essentially no way to take a dragon PC from the Council of Wyrms setting to anywhere else. If a character from Council of Wyrms were to somehow stumble upon magic that allowed it to travel to other worlds, it would end up there in some ancient time when dragon PCs would fit in.

Other than the use of the term "sphere," there's no Spelljammer conection that I can see.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:34 pm

The only connection I know of is that Io is somewhere "out there in the Flow" in Paul's jammer's game. But I don't think there are any plans for us to visit, unless we go in hunt of Blackclaw's home sphere.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:36 am

ripvanwormer wrote:Council of Wyrms was deliberately isolated from other campaigns because dragon PCs would tend to unbalance them. It says "The time is the distant past, the world is an unnamed sphere much like Toril or Oerth yet subtly different." So not only does it explicitly not take place in any of the other established D&D worlds, it doesn't even take place in the same time period. They designed it so that there was essentially no way to take a dragon PC from the Council of Wyrms setting to anywhere else. If a character from Council of Wyrms were to somehow stumble upon magic that allowed it to travel to other worlds, it would end up there in some ancient time when dragon PCs would fit in.

Other than the use of the term "sphere," there's no Spelljammer conection that I can see.
From that context, it would seem that "sphere" means "planet".

It sounds like it is similar to the Arcane Age campaign materials (but not located in Toril's past).

I heard a rumour that Council of Wyrms was supposed to be connected to Dragonlance in some way. :?
night_druid wrote:The only connection I know of is that Io is somewhere "out there in the Flow" in Paul's jammer's game. But I don't think there are any plans for us to visit, unless we go in hunt of Blackclaw's home sphere.
So "Io" is the name of the planet? Sounds like it is not the past of another campaign world then.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:53 am

Big Mac wrote:So "Io" is the name of the planet? Sounds like it is not the past of another campaign world then.
As far as I can remember, Io is the name of the god of dragons for this setting.
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:59 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Big Mac wrote:So "Io" is the name of the planet? Sounds like it is not the past of another campaign world then.
As far as I can remember, Io is the name of the god of dragons for this setting.
Ioblood Islands or somesuch thing. Not sure if the planet was given a name. Dragonspace is already in use, so Io is about as good a name as any.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:34 am

Big Mac wrote:I heard a rumour that Council of Wyrms was supposed to be connected to Dragonlance in some way. :?
I've never heard that. I'm not aware of any connection, at any rate. Save for one.

IIRC, Council of Wyrms was the product that introduced the idea of half-dragons as a player character race. There was a Dragon article that Roger Moore wrote about half-dragons in other settings. Tons of new options. They had a Krynnish version, which was a half-silver, IIRC. But rather than having draconic features, the half-dragon looked like its non-dragon parents, but may have something like silver eyes. Been forever since I read the article, so I may have the article slightly wrong.

That's the only connection I know of.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 am

night_druid wrote:The only connection I know of is that Io is somewhere "out there in the Flow" in Paul's jammer's game. But I don't think there are any plans for us to visit, unless we go in hunt of Blackclaw's home sphere.
Refresh my memory here. I thought that in CoW, Io was a chain of isles. ???
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Dragonhelm wrote:
The CoW setting is called the Isles of Io yeah. Io is also that first Dragon God. Doesn't he have a counterpart in Krynn as well? Someone more powerful than Paladine and Takhisis?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Havard wrote:
Dragonhelm wrote:
The CoW setting is called the Isles of Io yeah.
Let me get this straight. Council of Wyrms is a string of islands that are set in the past (on a world similar to Oerth and Toril).

I'm thinking that if you wanted to combine it with another campaign setting, it would need to be some sort of "Atlantis for dragons".
Havard wrote:Io is also that first Dragon God. Doesn't he have a counterpart in Krynn as well? Someone more powerful than Paladine and Takhisis?
The only got that has more power than Paladine and Takhisis is the High God. That would mean that if you wanted to use Council of Wyrms with Dragonlance it would need to exist before the other gods arrived (to fit in with DL canon).

Or maybe you could do a bit of retconning and use Council of Wyrms to lead into the First Dragon War. :?

EDIT: I suppose you could set Council of Wyrms before the creation of the planets in Krynnspace and turn the Isles of Io into the Stellar Islands from SJR7 Krynnspace. :?

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Big Mac wrote:Let me get this straight. Council of Wyrms is a string of islands that are set in the past (on a world similar to Oerth and Toril).
Do note: the islands stretch from the Arctic Circle to the Equator. With a continent or two in the corners, barely sticking on to the map. Its a fairly significant portion of a planet, probably on order of a quarter of a globe.
I'm thinking that if you wanted to combine it with another campaign setting, it would need to be some sort of "Atlantis for dragons".
Sure. Although I'd just make the setting its own sphere. And probably set it such that the dragons rule the whole planet.

The only got that has more power than Paladine and Takhisis is the High God. That would mean that if you wanted to use Council of Wyrms with Dragonlance it would need to exist before the other gods arrived (to fit in with DL canon).
There's also Chaos as well.
EDIT: I suppose you could set Council of Wyrms before the creation of the planets in Krynnspace and turn the Isles of Io into the Stellar Islands from SJR7 Krynnspace. :?
Eh, the Stellar Islands are too small for the Io Islands. And the islands are home to more than just good-aligned dragons. Its doable, although its really a poor fit.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 pm

The setting is called the Io's Blood Isles. According to myth, they formed when the god Io literally bled into the water (in order to end the wars between dragonkind). The book says "only the isles matter, for it is there where dragonkind hold sway," implying they don't dominate the rest of the world. Humans originated on another continent. Giants rule the land masses to the north and south.

The world doesn't have an official name.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Havard wrote:The CoW setting is called the Isles of Io yeah. Io is also that first Dragon God. Doesn't he have a counterpart in Krynn as well? Someone more powerful than Paladine and Takhisis?

-Havard
Above Paladine and Takhisis are the ultimate powers of Dragonlance, the High God and Chaos. The High God represents creation and order, while Chaos represents destruction and entropy.

In the appendix to Dragons of a Vanished Moon (hardcover edition), it is stated that Chaos was also known as Ionthas, which was Matthew Martin's tribute to Io. The appendix was later removed and is not considered canon.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:45 pm

ripvanwormer wrote:The setting is called the Io's Blood Isles. According to myth, they formed when the god Io literally bled into the water (in order to end the wars between dragonkind). The book says "only the isles matter, for it is there where dragonkind hold sway," implying they don't dominate the rest of the world. Humans originated on another continent. Giants rule the land masses to the north and south.

I always took the CoW setting as something that could be dropped into any world.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Dragonhelm wrote:In the appendix to Dragons of a Vanished Moon (hardcover edition), it is stated that Chaos was also known as Ionthas, which was Matthew Martin's tribute to Io. The appendix was later removed and is not considered canon.
Which is oddly out of character for Io, who is said to have all alignments. :|

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

night_druid wrote:
Dragonhelm wrote:In the appendix to Dragons of a Vanished Moon (hardcover edition), it is stated that Chaos was also known as Ionthas, which was Matthew Martin's tribute to Io. The appendix was later removed and is not considered canon.
I think it would have made more sense if the High God was the DL equivalent of Io?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Havard wrote:I think it would have made more sense if the High God was the DL equivalent of Io?
Possibly. Io is sort of a creator god who pretty much takes a leave of absence after creating the world.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:09 am

Big Mac wrote:I've not got the boxed set yet, but I wonder if anyone could tell me what mentions the CoW material has for other settings.
Are you aware that there is a hardback version of Council of Wyrms? I'm not sure if it would be easier to find than the boxed set, but it was sold as a "updated and expanded" version of the setting. Here's the information on it from the TSR Archive...

Item Code: #11383
Title: Campaign Option: Council of Wyrms Setting
Type: Accessory
Author: Bill Slavicsek
Published: 1999
Format: 208-page perfect-bound hardback book

Create mighty dragon player characters
for the AD&D game!

Imagine that you are a dragon - possessing amazing abilities, deadly breath weapons, claws like long swords, and teeth like daggers.

This Campaign Option provides everything you need to create a campaign for dragon player characters, dragon kindred, half-dragons, and dragon slayers.

Every page has been updated and expanded from the original COUNCIL OF WYRMS boxed set and includes:
• Rules for creating dragon and kindred PCs
• Campaign details revealing the secrets behind dragonkind
• New kits for dragon PCs
• A series of adventures designed to challenge the strongest dragon characters
• A 16-page full-color section illustrating dragon size comparisons
• Details on all 15 metallic, chromatic, and gem dragons
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:38 am

I remember the hardback. I never got it since I had the boxed set. I wonder what the differences were.

Now I've got to dig this out of storage.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:05 am

Havard wrote:
night_druid wrote:
I think it would have made more sense if the High God was the DL equivalent of Io?

-Havard
Possibly so. Io sounds like a creator god. Here's an interesting tidbit:
Io is paired with Chronepsis, who is seen as a re-enfolding that balances Io's extension of being into the worlds. As Io becomes all things, Chronepsis draws them back into himself. They are seen as brothers and represented in a complex symbol involving a nine-headed dragon swallowing its nine tails.
So theoretically, Chronepsis could be Chaos.

Wikipedia also has this to say, though I question some of the validity of this:
It is possible that Io created Paladine and Takhisis of the Dragonlance setting. As the creation myth goes, when the High God entered the universe (of Krynn) and decided to make a new world, he called forth for other gods to help, and Paladine and Takhisis answered. The king and queen of Wyrms they were. Possibly, they were two of Io's oldest and most powerful offspring. The 4th Edition "Draconomicon" books confirm that Takhisis is Tiamat in fourth edition.
I am not aware of any such confirmation. I'll try to investigate that further.
In the fourth edition mythology, Io created dragons and dragonborn. When he died, Tiamat and Bahamut were created from different sides of his personality.
I suspect that a 4e Dragonlance would incorporate this mythology to a degree.

Now I have a few editions' worth of Draconomicons to pull out! Really digged the 2e and 3e versions.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:09 am

Found the Takhisis/Tiamat confirmation. There's a section on Silvara's origins in Draconomicon 2 (p. 215) where it mentions Takhisis.

"During the war with Takhisis(Tiamat) and through the ages and trilogies to follow, she reappears as a tragic champion of good."
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 am

night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Let me get this straight. Council of Wyrms is a string of islands that are set in the past (on a world similar to Oerth and Toril).
Do note: the islands stretch from the Arctic Circle to the Equator. With a continent or two in the corners, barely sticking on to the map. Its a fairly significant portion of a planet, probably on order of a quarter of a globe.
OK. If it is that big, it makes it much more the size of a true campaign setting, rather than a location small enough to be dropped into any other campaign setting.
night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I'm thinking that if you wanted to combine it with another campaign setting, it would need to be some sort of "Atlantis for dragons".
Sure. Although I'd just make the setting its own sphere. And probably set it such that the dragons rule the whole planet.
...and...
night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:EDIT: I suppose you could set Council of Wyrms before the creation of the planets in Krynnspace and turn the Isles of Io into the Stellar Islands from SJR7 Krynnspace. :?
Eh, the Stellar Islands are too small for the Io Islands. And the islands are home to more than just good-aligned dragons. Its doable, although its really a poor fit.
OK, then. If the Islands of Io won't work for the Stellar Islands, perhaps they would work for a large part of the now-destroyed world of Zivilyn. :twisted:

<snip - good point on Chaos>
ripvanwormer wrote:The setting is called the Io's Blood Isles. According to myth, they formed when the god Io literally bled into the water (in order to end the wars between dragonkind). The book says "only the isles matter, for it is there where dragonkind hold sway," implying they don't dominate the rest of the world. Humans originated on another continent. Giants rule the land masses to the north and south.

If the Council of Wyrms = "Arcane Age version" of Dragonlance rumour has any truth to it, then perhaps this was originally supposed to be the First Dragon War.

It looks like there is more to the world, with a "northern land of giants", a "southern land of giants" and another continent that humans hail from. I think I'm really starting to be interested in Council of Wyrms. :)
Dragonhelm wrote:Above Paladine and Takhisis are the ultimate powers of Dragonlance, the High God and Chaos. The High God represents creation and order, while Chaos represents destruction and entropy.

In the appendix to Dragons of a Vanished Moon (hardcover edition), it is stated that Chaos was also known as Ionthas, which was Matthew Martin's tribute to Io. The appendix was later removed and is not considered canon.
Maybe that is the origin of the CoW=DL rumour I heard. :?
Dragonhelm wrote:

I always took the CoW setting as something that could be dropped into any world.
How could it be dropped into any world*? From what Night Druid is saying, it is gigantic. We know it isn't Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk (as the blurb says it is a "world like them"). The other "similar worlds" would be Krynn or Mystara. We also know it is supposed to be set in the past.

* = Obviously a GM can do anything they want to do, if they are happy to make changes. I've seen that Mystoerth world and, if you can do that, you can do anythng. But I mean, how can this be done if you go stick with the core concepts of Council of Wyrms (and don't intend to reboot the other setting you want to combine it with)?

It couldn't be put on Athas** and Ravenloft and Planescape are both planes. I can't think of many other worlds that Council of Wyrms might fit with, although it could probably combined with some other small settings, like Jakandor.

** = Not unless Athas was rebooted as a world that was once covered in water.
night_druid wrote:
Havard wrote:I think it would have made more sense if the High God was the DL equivalent of Io?
Possibly. Io is sort of a creator god who pretty much takes a leave of absence after creating the world.
Seems like a fairly good match to me. But is it a coincidence...or something more sinister?
Knightfall wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I've not got the boxed set yet, but I wonder if anyone could tell me what mentions the CoW material has for other settings.
Are you aware that there is a hardback version of Council of Wyrms? I'm not sure if it would be easier to find than the boxed set, but it was sold as a "updated and expanded" version of the setting. Here's the information on it from the TSR Archive...

for the AD&D game!

Imagine that you are a dragon - possessing amazing abilities, deadly breath weapons, claws like long swords, and teeth like daggers.

This Campaign Option provides everything you need to create a campaign for dragon player characters, dragon kindred, half-dragons, and dragon slayers.

Every page has been updated and expanded from the original COUNCIL OF WYRMS boxed set and includes:
That does sound very interesting. From what I can see the boxed set version of the setting came with 3 maps and 12 cards. I can see the three books being rolled into one hardback. And I can see the cards being pulled into that. But I'd bet that the maps are removed.

However, it does look like this is the "second edition" of the campaign setting, so it could be a lot better than the boxed set. Now I've got to work out which one to buy. :?
Dragonhelm wrote:I remember the hardback. I never got it since I had the boxed set. I wonder what the differences were.

Now I've got to dig this out of storage.
"Campaign details revealing the secrets behind dragonkind" seems a pretty big "boast" for the product. I wonder if some of that got passed onto 3e's Dragonomicon. :?
Dragonhelm wrote:
Possibly so. Io sounds like a creator god. Here's an interesting tidbit:
Io is paired with Chronepsis, who is seen as a re-enfolding that balances Io's extension of being into the worlds. As Io becomes all things, Chronepsis draws them back into himself. They are seen as brothers and represented in a complex symbol involving a nine-headed dragon swallowing its nine tails.
So theoretically, Chronepsis could be Chaos.

Wikipedia also has this to say, though I question some of the validity of this:
It is possible that Io created Paladine and Takhisis of the Dragonlance setting. As the creation myth goes, when the High God entered the universe (of Krynn) and decided to make a new world, he called forth for other gods to help, and Paladine and Takhisis answered. The king and queen of Wyrms they were. Possibly, they were two of Io's oldest and most powerful offspring. The 4th Edition "Draconomicon" books confirm that Takhisis is Tiamat in fourth edition.
I am not aware of any such confirmation. I'll try to investigate that further.
In the fourth edition mythology, Io created dragons and dragonborn. When he died, Tiamat and Bahamut were created from different sides of his personality.
I suspect that a 4e Dragonlance would incorporate this mythology to a degree.

Now I have a few editions' worth of Draconomicons to pull out! Really digged the 2e and 3e versions.
...and...
Dragonhelm wrote:Found the Takhisis/Tiamat confirmation. There's a section on Silvara's origins in Draconomicon 2 (p. 215) where it mentions Takhisis.

"During the war with Takhisis(Tiamat) and through the ages and trilogies to follow, she reappears as a tragic champion of good."
So if Tiamat is Takhisis (which I'm pretty sure DL fans have been saying for eons) Bahamut must be Paladine, right? And they were both formed by Io dying and splitting into a good and evil part?

But would that actually create a DL/CoW link and would it set CoW way back before Paladine and Takhisis existed? If it was that far back, there would be very little of Dragonlance to combine with Council of Wyrms.

If the two settings are connected, but the time difference is that much, I can't see the two settings having any common ground at all.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 am

Big Mac wrote:** = Not unless Athas was rebooted as a world that was once covered in water.
Athas was covered with water during the Blue Age. In 2nd edition, though, Athas was a world that never had any gods in it, and Council of Wyrms does seem to have gods. In 4th edition, Athas once had gods, but they were killed during the later Green Age in the Dawn War with the primordials, so I suppose Council of Wyrms could be set in the prehistory of 4th edition Athas. It doesn't fit very well, though, since Athasian dragons are very, very different.
But would that actually create a DL/CoW link and would it set CoW way back before Paladine and Takhisis existed? If it was that far back, there would be very little of Dragonlance to combine with Council of Wyrms.

If the two settings are connected, but the time difference is that much, I can't see the two settings having any common ground at all.
That would be awkward, too. Council of Wyrms has gemstone dragons as a major element, while I don't think Krynn ever had gemstone dragons. Council of Wyrms also has psionics and psionicists, and Dragonlance traditionally doesn't. Also, Council of Wyrms has standard AD&D gnomes rather than Krynnish gnomes. There are no halflings, though, so that makes things easier.

It's also hard to match some of the dragon gods mentioned in Council of Wyrms with the gods of Krynn. Here are the gods of the Council of Wyrms setting:

Io, god of creation (HIghgod?).
Chronepsis, god of fate, death, and judgment (Gilean?).
Aasterinian, goddess of play, invention, and pleasure (Sirrion?).
Bahamut, god of metallic dragons (Paladine?).
Tiamat, goddess of chromatic dragons (Takhisis?).
Falazure, god of undeath and decay (Chemosh?).
Elemtia, demigod of elementals (Chislev?).
Arcanic, demigod of magic ( Lunitari?).

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:19 am

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

for the AD&D game!

That does sound very interesting. From what I can see the boxed set version of the setting came with 3 maps and 12 cards. I can see the three books being rolled into one hardback. And I can see the cards being pulled into that. But I'd bet that the maps are removed.

However, it does look like this is the "second edition" of the campaign setting, so it could be a lot better than the boxed set. Now I've got to work out which one to buy. :?
You could always buy them both. :P
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Greylond
Bugbear

Post by Greylond » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:38 am

I had the boxed set. It was fun for a short side-campaign but I wouldn't use anything from CoW in any regular AD&D game. The characters are on a whole different power level.

Return to “Council of Wyrms”