[WH40K] Dark Heresy

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.

[WH40K] Dark Heresy

Postby Havard » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 pm

We are talking about the WH40K RPGs from Fantasy Flight in this thread, where Bouv wrote the following:

Bouv wrote:In Dark Heresy, players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

After watching this video from the upcoming Warhammer 40.000 Inquisitor Martyr online game, I got interested in this setting again. I picked up the original rulebook, but never got a chance to play.

Does anyone have experience with this game? What are the good and bad things about it? Are there big differences between the 1st and 2nd editon of the game?

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [WH40K] Dark Heresy

Postby Gilvanblight » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:38 pm

If you are interested in picking it up do it NOW

Fantasy Flight and GW split recently and all of the Warhammer RPGs have now been cancelled this includes the 40K ones. They are already going for dumb prices online.
Gilvanblight
Orc

Postby Havard » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Gilvanblight wrote:If you are interested in picking it up do it NOW

Fantasy Flight and GW split recently and all of the Warhammer RPGs have now been cancelled this includes the 40K ones. They are already going for dumb prices online.

Yeah, I have been trying to grab some stuff, but prices are indeed soaring right now. :/

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:53 am

Havard wrote:Yeah, I have been trying to grab some stuff, but prices are indeed soaring right now. :/

Try Dark Sphere. They buy Games Workshop stuff at wholesale prices and pass on a discount (instead of selling them at the same price as Games Workshop).

Games Workshop have actually decided they don't like the stores, like Dark Sphere, and have banned them from making international sales (threatening to stop selling them products). Luckily for you, the UK (and Dark Sphere) are still in the European Union and that means it is illegal for Games Workshop to restrict sales to anywhere in the EU (or the European Free Trade area).

So, have a look and see if anything they have is worth buying. (And if the shipping is not good for you, have a look to see if there is a similar Games Workshop discount store closer to you.)

(If you are coming to London again, this store is about 5-10 minutes walk away from Waterloo Station. I don't go there much, as they don't have much D&D stuff, but they are awesome for minis.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Warhammer