Lots of Cool New Models

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.
Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Lots of Cool New Models

Post by Sharkbelly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 am

There are some very cool new models coming out for Warhammer right now. These are all warbands for the Underworlds game, but have rules for the main game as well.

And then of course there is this fellow from Forge World:

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Lots of Cool New Models

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am

Those are gorgeous! Love the dragon!

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Those are beautiful. Are they sold already painted?
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 pm
Those are beautiful. Are they sold already painted?
Sadly no because part of their business model is to sell you the paints, brushes and modeling tools. It is a hobby experience and not just a game... but I see too many gray plastic (unpainted) armies on the tables these days. Used to be you needed a fully painted army to play in a tournament now it's not enforced most of the time.

My observation is that the more beautiful and detailed the models become the less paint I see. It is as if the players are intimidated by the amount of work necessary to do the model justice. They are not wrong...

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 am

shesheyan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 am
Sadly no because part of their business model is to sell you the paints, brushes and modeling tools. It is a hobby experience and not just a game... but I see too many gray plastic (unpainted) armies on the tables these days. Used to be you needed a fully painted army to play in a tournament now it's not enforced most of the time.

My observation is that the more beautiful and detailed the models become the less paint I see. It is as if the players are intimidated by the amount of work necessary to do the model justice. They are not wrong...
I wouldn't mind owning a few minis for the games I play in, but I have zero desire to paint them, nor do I want to deal with the hassle of mailing to them someone else to paint, hoping I get them back, and figuring out what's a fair rate to pay them.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 am
shesheyan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 am

I wouldn't mind owning a few minis for the games I play in, but I have zero desire to paint them, nor do I want to deal with the hassle of mailing to them someone else to paint, hoping I get them back, and figuring out what's a fair rate to pay them.
Its best to ask at a local gaming store to find a painter. They can give you indications for fair rates. In my area it starts at 15$-20$ per infantry model. Its not cheap. ;)

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:44 am

shesheyan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:23 pm
Its best to ask at a local gaming store to find a painter. They can give you indications for fair rates. In my area it starts at 15$-20$ per infantry model. Its not cheap. ;)
That's a good idea. At least it saves on shipping, which can add up these days. Considering how much work goes into painting a mini, that's a reasonable rate for someone's time and materials. But man, that would add up quick for anything more than one or two minis. I have a summoner that regularly summons three types of creatures. But I can't see buying 4 minis and then paying $80 to have them painted.

Return to “Warhammer”