[WH40K Wrath & Glory] Using physical and digital minis, pawns, and tokens for Wrath & Glory RPG

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.
Giorgio
Ogre

[WH40K Wrath & Glory] Using physical and digital minis, pawns, and tokens for Wrath & Glory RPG

Post by Giorgio » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:40 pm

I am interested in running the WH40K Wrath & Glory RPG as soon as I receive my Starter Set box, and I know it includes a few players and adversaries’ tokens (as does the Blessing Unheralded adventure). I verified with Ulisses North America that there are currently no plans for a line of RPG miniatures or token/pawns at this time.
I own no miniatures from any of the various WH40K table top miniatures or board games, nor do any of my friends. I also can’t afford to pay for many of the miniature box sets that GW currently sells and/or are available on the secondary market for their full tabletop miniature game lines (both the 8th edition units and Kill Team sets), especially when I only need a few figures/units and not full squads or platoons.
What recommendation do GMs who have had experience with the previous RPG line (Black Crusade, Death Watch, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Only War…) for using as miniatures, pawns or tokens for use in a (physical/face to face) and digital (Roll 20 or Fantasy Grounds) WH40K Wrath & Glory game? (I have a lot of maps, flip maps, and tiles from my various other RPGs I own that I would like to use, not interested in Theater of Mind play). I am open to using proxies, to print out 2D tokens/pawns, to mix and match minis, pawns, and tokens from different game lines as needed.
In addition, this also applies to any sci-fi board games currently or previously released (GW & non-GW) that contains spaceships & space terrain I can use to play out space battles on a space themed battle map.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter.
Last edited by Giorgio on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [WH40K Wrath & Glory] Recommendations for using minis, pawns, tokens for this RPG.

Post by Havard » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Great topic! For miniatures, have you checked out used lots on eBay? What sort of tokens are needed for this game?

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: [WH40K Wrath & Glory] Recommendations for using minis, pawns, tokens for this RPG.

Post by shesheyan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:40 pm
I am interested in running the WH40K Wrath & Glory RPG as soon as I receive my Starter Set box, and I know it includes a few players and adversaries’ tokens (as does the Blessing Unheralded adventure). I verified with Ulisses North America that there are currently no plans for a line of RPG miniatures or token/pawns at this time.

I own no miniatures for any of the various WH40K miniatures or board games, nor do any of my friends. I also can’t afford to pay for many of the miniature box sets that GW currently sells and/or are available on the secondary market for their full tabletop miniature game lines (both the 8th edition units and Kill Team sets), especially when I only need a few figures/units and not full squads or platoons.

What recommendation do GMs who have had previous experience with the previous RPG line (Black Crusade, Death Watch, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Only War…) for using as miniatures, pawns or tokens for use in a WH40K RPG game? (I have a lot of maps, flip maps, and tiles from my various other RPGs I own and would like to use). I am open to using proxies and mix and match minis, pawns, and tokens from different game lines as needed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter.
You may want to look at INFINITY miniatures. The Knight of Pan-Oceania could double as Space Marines. They sell packs of single miniatures : https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/ ... noceania/1

Concord miniatures by Warlord Games could also double as SMs. 25$US for 5 models is a good price : https://us-store.warlordgames.com/colle ... drop-squad

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Giorgio
Ogre

Post by Giorgio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 pm

@Shesheyan, thanks for the recommendations so far.

I forgot to add in my OP that I am also looking for the same things for VTTs, any suggestions on that front? (Going to edit OP)

Giorgio
Ogre

Re: [WH40K Wrath & Glory] Using physical and digital minis, pawns, and tokens for Wrath & Glory RPG

Post by Giorgio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Note: I edited the title and body of this post (a partial rewording).

Return to “Warhammer”