Night's Dark Terror in Warhammer

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Night's Dark Terror in Warhammer

Post by Thorf » Sun May 12, 2019 8:34 am

I just stumbled across this blog presenting a conversion of classic Mystara module B10 Night's Dark Terror to Warhammer Fantasy Role-play. :o :)

https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... rk-terror/

It's rather nicely done. The blog explains the reasoning behind it, too: principal authors of B10 were also behind The Enemy Within, probably WHFRP's most famous adventure. They were even written and released in the same year.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Night's Dark Terror in Warhammer

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 12, 2019 10:49 am

Nice history there.

So did Phil Gallagher and Jim Bambra "defect" from TSR to go to Games Workshop permanently? Or did they continue to work for both companies?

Has anyone ever done the opposite thing and attempted to convert The Enemy Within from WFRP to Mystara?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Sun May 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:49 am
So did Phil Gallagher and Jim Bambra "defect" from TSR to go to Games Workshop permanently? Or did they continue to work for both companies?
Jim Bambra went on to write The Golden Khan of Ethengar (1989), The Sea People (1990) and The Complete Book of Dwarves (1991) for TSR. The Complete Book of Dwarves has something of a Warhammer feel, despite drawing so much from Dragonlance.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun May 12, 2019 6:21 pm

I love Jim Bambra's work!

Phil Gallagher's D&D/AD&D design work includes When a Star Falls (1984), Blade of Vengeance (1984), Where Chaos Reigns (1985), Dark Clouds Gather (1985), in addition to Night's Dark Terror (1986).

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm

ripvanwormer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:53 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:49 am
Jim Bambra went on to write The Golden Khan of Ethengar (1989), The Sea People (1990) and The Complete Book of Dwarves (1991) for TSR. The Complete Book of Dwarves has something of a Warhammer feel, despite drawing so much from Dragonlance.
I know The Complete Book of Dwarves. I like that book.

I wonder if Warhammer ideas could be raided for D&D dwarves. :idea:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Warhammer”