[Warhammer] Using Pelinore material with WHFRP?

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Warhammer] Using Pelinore material with WHFRP?

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:30 pm

As mentioned in the discussion about Warhammer being Pelinore II, the argument is that many of the people writing for Imagine Magazine and the Pelinore setting went on to create Warhammer FRP and that many concepts and much of the style developed in Pelinore was continued in the Warhammer setting.

How easy would it be to use material and adventures from Pelinore in a Warhammer campaign? Does anyone here have any experience or thoughts on how to do this?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Warhammer] Using Pelinore material with WHFRP?

Post by Big Mac » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Havard wrote:How easy would it be to use material and adventures from Pelinore in a Warhammer campaign? Does anyone here have any experience or thoughts on how to do this?
I'm guessing that you have two possible ways to go:
  • Shoehorn Pelinore locations in or
  • Reboot Pelinore content.
The shoehorn approach would make it easier to use the Pelinore content "as is". You would have to find a location on the Warhammer planet, that was large enough for the various nations mentioned in Image Magazine to be dropped in. But you might get clashes between the natural laws of the Warhammer world and Pelinore. (I doubt the Warhammer planet is a flat world, for example.)

The reboot approach would make it easier to avoid continuity problems for Warhammer. You would need to compare every Pelinore source with Warhammer canon and look for anything that clashes. You might want to choose some Warhammer nations to be be "foster parents" for any Pelinore content set in specific places. If you did that, you could then "search and replace" any references to the Pelinore place and use the Warcraft place instead. If your players don't know anything about Pelinore, they probably wouldn't even notice you were using non-Warhammer sources.

Good luck!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Warhammer] Using Pelinore material with WHFRP?

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 pm

I was actually thinking something much less drastic. Like using adventures and NPCs from Pelinore in Warhammer :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Warhammer”