[minis] Games Workshop to relax restrictions on discounters

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.

[minis] Games Workshop to relax restrictions on discounters

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Miniature Market have reported that Games Workshop are relaxing the restrictions that previously imposed on stores that sell Warhammer and other GW minis at discount prices. Here is the start of their announcement:
Miniature Market wrote:During GAMA this year, Games Workshop made a major announcement that they were lifting several restrictions in regards to online selling of their product. Starting in May 2017, online websites will be allowed to list products along with pictures and descriptions. Games Workshop products can now be bought and sold just like everything else listed on our website. There will be a M.A.P. (Minimum Advertised Price) associated with these products at 15% off of the SRP.

Head over to their page for more details.

This sounds great, as it means that discounters like DarkSphere in Waterloo, London, that were previously banned from selling GW minis to people outside of the EU, should be able to sell minis normally again.

I don't play Warhammer myself, but I find the fantasy Warhammer boxed sets useful for building up a "squad" of similar looking people or monsters. Maybe I can afford to buy a collection of the LotR orcs, as they are fairly "pretty" and I was thinking of using them as scro, with less "pretty" orcs being common orcs. :mrgreen:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [minis] Games Workshop to relax restrictions on discount

Postby night_druid » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm half-amazed distributes have much to do with GW after all the hoops GW makes them go through to sell product. Nevermind the fiasco with GW opening its own stores, sometimes in direct competition with local stores.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Return to Warhammer