Caverns of the Ghouls

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.
Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Caverns of the Ghouls

Post by Sharkbelly » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:14 pm

I have started a Warhammer Quest-style campaign using classic warhammer models and the new Age of Sigmar rules. The players each have a hero, and they are on a quest to find and defeat a vampire. We played the next game in the campaign today. The party ventured into the Caverns of the Ghouls to recover a magic sword. Ghouls, bats, and a couple Vargheists guard it. Although two heroes fell in battle, they carried the day.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Caverns of the Ghouls

Post by Big Mac » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Very nice.

Is this a published adventure, or something you have made up yourself?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Post by Sharkbelly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Something I've made up. It uses the Age of Sigmar rules, with each player controlling one hero. That keeps it nice and simple, since we only have an hour to play.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:03 am

Sharkbelly wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm
Something I've made up. It uses the Age of Sigmar rules, with each player controlling one hero. That keeps it nice and simple, since we only have an hour to play.
Very nice.

Would you be able to share your notes, after you finish the adventure and don't have to worry about your players seeing spoilers.

This looks like something that might help other Age of Sigmar gamers.

It even looks like something that might fit into the Sundered Empire setting used with the 3e Chainmail rules, with a bit of adaptation.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Post by Sharkbelly » Wed May 02, 2018 11:14 am

You bet. This time there were 8 heroes (each player plays one Order hero). They fought 4 bat swarms and 4 ghouls first, and then in the next chamber 3 fell bats and 2 vargheists. I'd like to break that up into several encounters if we had more time, but we only have an hour.

I ought to have added in another couple bad guys, because the party handled them fairly easily. Although one character was reduced to zero wounds...

Return to “Warhammer”