[MotRD] Masque of the Red Death blurb

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all." — Edgar Allan Poe
The Book-House: Find Masque of the Red Death products.

[MotRD] Masque of the Red Death blurb

Postby Big Mac » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 pm

There has been a request for a Masque of the Red Death forum, but no forum blurb was suggested.

Does anyone know of any iconic quotes, from the 2e, or 3e products, or the original MotRD material that might work well?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [MotRD] Masque of the Red Death blurb

Postby agathokles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Big Mac wrote:There has been a request for a Masque of the Red Death forum, but no forum blurb was suggested.

Does anyone know of any iconic quotes, from the 2e, or 3e products, or the original MotRD material that might work well?

And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel, and died each in the despairing posture of his fall. And the life of the ebony clock went out with that of the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired. And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Masque of the Red Death.
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:43 pm

agathokles wrote:
Big Mac wrote:There has been a request for a Masque of the Red Death forum, but no forum blurb was suggested.

And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel, and died each in the despairing posture of his fall. And the life of the ebony clock went out with that of the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired. And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Masque of the Red Death.

Nice, but a bit on the long side for a forum blurb.

I found a couple of other "Masque of the Red Death" quotes.

What I do like about your quote, is that it includes the Red Death in it.

That page I linked to has a couple of quotes that mention the Red Death:
  • “The ‘Red Death’ had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous.” and
    “And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.”

That second quote is the end of your one, so I'm going to go with that (so that I can get the forum set up).
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Tim Baker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 am

Congratulations on the new forum. :)
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Big Mac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 am

Tim Baker wrote:Congratulations on the new forum. :)

That would be a rubbish forum blurb, Tim. :P
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby thorr-kan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm

"It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari War."

Wait; wrong death...

I say "And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.” works.
thorr-kan
Bugbear

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:31 am

"The Red Death is a mysterious evil energy that can manipulate the world. Its very origins are unknown to anyone, but many theories are abound. Some say it is very much like a physical red mist, while others claim it to be a universal force like gravity."

We could snip that down to this...

"The Red Death is a mysterious evil energy that can manipulate the world. Its very origins are unknown."
Social Media Links

Malathéa
DevinatArt / Facebook / Google / The Piazza / Twitter / YouTube
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Return to Masque of the Red Death