[MotRD] Masque of the Black Dome?

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all." — Edgar Allan Poe
The Book-House: Find Masque of the Red Death products.
sam
Gnoll

[MotRD] Masque of the Black Dome?

Post by sam » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:55 pm

well,I'm chinese,my english is coarse.sorry ;(
How about that:Put the MotRD into space?Just like space horror films——《Alien》,《Event Horizon》,or the game like 《Dead Space》——But have elements of MotRD in there,like Qabal,some “literature monsters”(Le Horla);Of course, Mysterious force。

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: [MotRD] Masque of the Black Dome?

Post by ripvanwormer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:06 pm

That sounds like fun. Would you use futuristic technology (like Event Horizon or Alien) or something like a Jules Verne or HG Wells style of steampunk tech (or like the heroic translators from that era in China?). Or something more pure fantasy, like Spelljammer?

sam
Gnoll

Re: [MotRD] Masque of the Black Dome?

Post by sam » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 pm

ripvanwormer wrote:That sounds like fun. Would you use futuristic technology (like Event Horizon or Alien) or something like a Jules Verne or HG Wells style of steampunk tech (or like the heroic translators from that era in China?). Or something more pure fantasy, like Spelljammer?
Will be different from Spelljammer,and I love SJ :)
I am currently only have simple ideas:Probably will set in the future,science fiction of 1970s~1980s,like old monitors,heavy weapons,space marines of Vietnam War style;And,Put the elements of Jules Verne or HG Wells or Edgar Rice Burroughs in that.
Something like this:There have relics found on Mars,humans obtain ability to colonize outside of solar system,but at the same time,there have some kind of power is wake up.The Earth was destroyed by a mysterious catastrophe,the colonial government blocked information,and this power is to search the rest of the humans,the ghosts wandering in the space,The missing starship was found——with unknown evil,and "Van Helsing" of that era will be John Carter,he live for a long time.Just like——Space itself is a "monster",we live in its stomach.A fear and despair of the unknown.

Return to “Masque of the Red Death”