South & Central America in MotRD

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all." — Edgar Allan Poe
The Book-House: Find Masque of the Red Death products.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

South & Central America in MotRD

Post by Havard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 pm

We have a couple of threads already on D&D in South & Central America:
What would South & Central America be like during the Victorian Era in the world of Gothic Earth?

The MotRD boxed set details Mexico City, Buenos Airies, Port-au-Prince and Lima with various supernatural elements linked to each of these cities.

I only did superficial reading, but the Gothic Earth Gazetteer seems fairly sparse on details linked to this area, except for a couple of pages on the Spanish-American War.

Althought not canonical, the d20 Modern:Past booklet does offer some material that could be used, both in the Age of Adventure (1667) and Shadow Stalkers (1872). The Age of Adventure chapter actually has an adventure seed set in Brazil, easily adapted to the Victorian Age.

Further ideas?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: South & Central America in MotRD

Post by Big Mac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 am

Vampire Underworld has a list of South American Vampires that would probably work, just as well, in a Victorian Era culture.

There is a horror movie called The Beast Must Die which is about a rich game-hunter who invites a bunch of people suspected to be werewolves to his secluded estate, so that he can identify and kill the werewolf. You could pretty much lift that plot and drop in a South American vampire and a more appropriate person to "host" the party. The PCs would fit into the adventure (as suspected monsters) if you did a bit of foreshadowing by having them get into one or two fights with mysterious South American monsters that kill people.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am

Among RPGs, you could probably look for input to Cthulhu by Gaslight, which is a Victorian Age take on Call of Cthulhu, and The Dracula Dossier, which covers at least in part both South America and the Victorian era (you can play Stoker's brother in one of the adventures, and the flexible options for the Vampire's nature in the base game, Night's Black Agents, make it so that it is easy to integrate the Red Death concept).

G

Seethyr
Fire Giant

Post by Seethyr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 pm

I’d love to see some references to Yig (I think that is he name) from Cthulhu lore.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Bloodsucker
Goblin

Post by Bloodsucker » Tue May 08, 2018 12:27 am

I want to do something based on the 2008 horror movie "The Ruins". But whatever I do the players will have a way to win, I refuse to force TPK just because thats how the movie ended.

Seethyr
Fire Giant

Post by Seethyr » Tue May 08, 2018 4:54 am

Bloodsucker wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:27 am
I want to do something based on the 2008 horror movie "The Ruins". But whatever I do the players will have a way to win, I refuse to force TPK just because thats how the movie ended.

Hope this can help...

TWA1 The Ruins

Working on the Relic movie as a sequel to this too. Maybe even just as a small side trek.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Bloodsucker
Goblin

Post by Bloodsucker » Tue May 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Thank you so much! I'm a bit out of touch so I was unaware of this product's existence. It will be a big help! The plant in the movie and the natives around it were truly insidious. I hope this adventure is a bit more reasonable.
Thank you again.

Return to “Masque of the Red Death”