A Planeswalker's Guide to Alara: A Magic: The Gathering Field Guide

"There are some who call me...Tim!" Discuss Magic: The Gathering campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

A Planeswalker's Guide to Alara: A Magic: The Gathering Field Guide

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:42 pm

I just found out that Wizards of the Coast published a book called A Planeswalker's Guide to Alara: A Magic: The Gathering Field Guide in 2008. Here is the blurb from Amazon:
Amazon wrote:A Planeswalker's Guide to Alara: A Magic: The Gathering Field Guide Paperback – September 2, 2008
by Doug Beyer (Author), Jenna Helland (Author)

You are a planeswalker, one of the most powerful mages in the multiverse. Countless planes of existence are yours to master. Now you have arrived on the fractured plane of Alara. Where do you begin? You begin with this lavishly illustrated guide that brings the Shards of Alara to life and gives MAGIC: THE GATHERING fans a look behind the scenes with concept art and insider information available nowhere else.The Planeswalker Guides will feature full-color illustrations drawn from early concept art and final card art to bring the worlds of MAGIC: THE GATHERING to life.
Has anyone bought this?

The blurb says there are 160 pages. Are they mostly pictures or is there any information on a similar line to the Plane Shift documents?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”