[Theros] Special offer at DNDBeyond for Mythic Odysseys of Theros Sourcebook Pre-Order

"There are some who call me...Tim!" Discuss Magic: The Gathering campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Theros] Special offer at DNDBeyond for Mythic Odysseys of Theros Sourcebook Pre-Order

Post by Havard »

This purchase is a pre-order for the Mythic Odysseys of Theros sourcebook. On June 2nd, the entire digital book will unlock for use with D&D Beyond, including the sourcebook in digital format and access to all the sourcebook's options in the searchable listings, character builder, and digital sheet.

Purchasing this pre-order will immediately unlock 6 exclusive character sheet backgrounds created from art in the book.
https://www.dndbeyond.com/marketplace/s ... -of-theros?

Is anyone here thinking about pre-ordering this book?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: [Theros] Special offer at DNDBeyond for Mythic Odysseys of Theros Sourcebook Pre-Order

Post by Tim Baker »

Havard wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:02 pm
I pre-ordered it on D&D Beyond during their last sale (25% off one title, if I remember right). I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to look through it, based on my current work schedule, but I hope it has some high-heroic content that will translate well to my 13th Age game.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Theros] Special offer at DNDBeyond for Mythic Odysseys of Theros Sourcebook Pre-Order

Post by Big Mac »

Tim Baker wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 am
Havard wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:02 pm
I pre-ordered it on D&D Beyond during their last sale (25% off one title, if I remember right). I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to look through it, based on my current work schedule, but I hope it has some high-heroic content that will translate well to my 13th Age game.
Looking at what Havard posted above, it seems like they are only giving you early access to "6 exclusive character sheet backgrounds".

I'm not sure what the deal is there.

Are they paying the designer of the original book to create a "Web Enhancement" that is only available via D&D Beyond?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Big Mac wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:53 pm
Looking at what Havard posted above, it seems like they are only giving you early access to "6 exclusive character sheet backgrounds".
Yes, the character sheet backgrounds are the only element that you get immediately. However, now that the physical books are delayed a month and a half, by comparison the D&D Beyond release feels like it's early.
Big Mac wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:53 pm
Are they paying the designer of the original book to create a "Web Enhancement" that is only available via D&D Beyond?
I haven't seen anything about additional content being included in the purchase. However, D&D Beyond has already started posting Theros-related content on their site (free for anyone). The first was a lengthy article about using sphinxes in encounters.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”