[13th Age] Supported Campaign Settings
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 am
I've seen people ask what campaign settings support the 13th Age system in various social media channels. Big Mac suggested that I create a thread for the topic, so the information is all in one place. Feel free to add any settings that I missed to the comments below, and I'll get them added to the original post.
- Dragon Empire - The default campaign setting found in the 13th Age core book and other Fire Opal Media/Pelgrane Press products.
- Glorantha - The setting found in RuneQuest and HeroQuest can also be found in 13th Age Glorantha from Chaosium.
- Midgard - Wolfgang Baur's world has grown over the years and is now the official setting of Kobold Press.
- Parsantium - Rich Green created a city based on Arabian myth, then expanded the setting to cover the world nearby.
- Amethyst - Chris Dias takes us to a future Earth where magic and technology collide.
- Nocturne - Savaje Mojo supports this Gothic/dark fantasy setting that is reminiscent of Ravenloft.
- Gods & Icons - John Marvin created his world around icons that can stand in for the Dragon Empire icons or can supplement them with more detail. He also filled in three pantheons and details on the planes in a world that isn't necessarily the Dragon Empire, but is compatible with it.
- Dragon Kings - Tim Brown created this spiritual successor to Dark Sun.
- Primeval Thule - This is a lost continent where Sword & Sorcery meets Cthulhu.
- Deadly Delves - The world of Jon Brazer Enterprises' Deadly Delves adventures is supported for 13th Age, along with its racial and class supplements.
- Dun Lodar - This dwarven location and its icons are detailed in the adventure Pristine City from Dastow Games.
- Forstor Nagar - This frozen location is the site of a 13th Age adventure from Rite Publishing. They also offer several other 13th Age supplements.
- Shattered Horizons - The campaign setting being written for 13th Age by Aaron Roudabush via his Patreon.
- Embers of the Forgotten Kingdom - This setting is inspired by the world of Dark Souls.
- Poikila Hellenistika: An Age of Wonders - This setting from Kenneth Hite is based on the Greek Hellenistic era. It was summarized in a Pelgrane Press blog post and in Fenix Magazine.
- Karthun - Epic fantasy with a technological twist. 13th Age support was part of the Kickstarter, but the system-specific supplement hasn't been released yet.