[13th Age] Q&A on Discord this weekend

Discuss Pelgrane Press's 13th Age rules here. Discussion of the Dragon Empire campaign setting can also be held here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

[13th Age] Q&A on Discord this weekend

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 am

Have you heard of 13th Age, a game that blends elements of 3rd and 4th Edition D&D with a healthy smattering of the player agency you find in indy games? Are you curious how you could adopt some of its mechanics to improve your D&D games? Or would you like to know where to start if you're interested in running a 13th Age game? Do you love diving into campaign settings, and want to learn more about the Dragon Empire, the default setting for the system? Or perhaps you're looking for Midgard or Glorantha books that are compatible with 13th Age.

I'm passionate about 13th Age, having run it since the early days of its playtest in 2012, and would love to answer any questions that you might have about the game, its mechanics, its products, and its setting. Based on the survey results for the best time for a Discord chat, I'll be available on Saturday, August 25, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time. Here's a handy tool that will tell you what time this equates to in your timezone.

The day of the chat, come back to this thread, and an invitation to the Discord server will be available. I hope we have a wonderful discussion!

MODERATOR EDIT (by Big Mac): Here is a link to get you temporary membership on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/Ph5qq5

Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [13th Age] Q&A on Discord this weekend

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:27 pm

I might be a bit late for this, but I'll try to get there.

If anyone doesn't have an account yet, please try to surf by early on Saturday, as I'll be able to give you a hand, (before my live-streamed Spelljammer game starts).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:26 pm

I've set up a new "Guest Discussions" section, so that non-members can join this particular discussion using this link:
https://discord.gg/Ph5qq5

(Any forum members are encouraged to pop over to the The Discord server for The Piazza topic and request a non-temporary membership link there.)
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Matchstick
Goblin

Post by Matchstick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 am

Great chat today everyone! Thanks! Happy to add the Piazza to my list of 13th Age destinations!

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:11 am

Matchstick wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 am
Great chat today everyone! Thanks! Happy to add the Piazza to my list of 13th Age destinations!
Thanks for joining us, Matchstick! I appreciated all the great questions and comments you sent our way.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:46 am

Hey, that was a great chat! I had to leave pretty early because of time differences and me pretty much needing to get some sleep, but I very much enjoyed the first segment. It was particularly great to see Jonathan Tweet in there as well as the others who are professionally involved with 13th Age. Very impressive.

I learned a lot of new things about the game and the settings connected to it.

Great job Tim Baker for organizing the event! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:33 am

Havard wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:46 am
Hey, that was a great chat! I had to leave pretty early because of time differences and me pretty much needing to get some sleep, but I very much enjoyed the first segment. It was particularly great to see Jonathan Tweet in there as well as the others who are professionally involved with 13th Age. Very impressive.

I learned a lot of new things about the game and the settings connected to it.

Great job Tim Baker for organizing the event! :)
I'm so glad to hear it. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Matchstick wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 am
Welcome to The Piazza Matchstick!

You might want to surf over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "hi" to everyone and tell them a bit about the sort of RPG stuff you like.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 pm

If you missed the 13th Age Q&A on our Discord, last week, now you can catch up on what we discussed! https://escalationfanzine.blogspot.com/ ... cript.html

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:51 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 pm
If you missed the 13th Age Q&A on our Discord, last week, now you can catch up on what we discussed! https://escalationfanzine.blogspot.com/ ... cript.html

Thanks for putting this up Tim.

Discord is a great place to chat, but not so good a place to put a chatlog that you want everyone to be able to read (without needing to log into anything). :)

It was great of all those people to swing by and answer questions and I hope the answers can help lots of people in the future (who don't even realise they might like 13th Age yet).

Return to “13th Age”