Iconic Podcast: S3E17 - Demonologist

Discuss Pelgrane Press's 13th Age rules here. Discussion of the Dragon Empire campaign setting can also be held here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

johnsonny
Orc

Iconic Podcast: S3E17 - Demonologist

Post by johnsonny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:41 pm

This week we examine the Demonologist class! We talk about the unique aspects of this summoning class, some of our favorite abilities, and discuss some ways to use this at your table.
https://iconicpodcast.com/2019/11/18/s3-e17/
Listen and subscribe to the Iconic Podcast, which is about all things 13th Age.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Iconic Podcast: S3E17 - Demonologist

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:07 am

In this episode, you asked if demonologists were featured in prior fantasy RPGs. The Palladium Fantasy RPG has a demonologist class. I'm not sure if the designers were aware of this. Palladium has been around for decades, though.

You also asked about other planar sources for summons. I could see talents focused around drawing beings and spell effects from Echo (13th Age's closest equivalent to the Shadowfell). There are all sorts of shadowy creatures and tentacles of living shadow that could be summoned. It could also warp space and time (an effect of Echo) or allow the PC to borrow cool powers similar to Cloak from Marvel's Cloak & Dagger comic/TV series.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Iconic Podcast: S3E17 - Demonologist

Post by Tim Baker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:55 am

Summoning angels was mentioned in the episode, but I don't think it covered what would happen if the they reached zero hp. What if the party took psychic damage and wept because they were no longer in the presence of the angelic hosts? It would fit real-world descriptions of the kind of awe people experience around angels.

Return to “13th Age”