Barsoom campaign on RPoL

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.” All RPGs based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom stories can be discussed here.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Barsoom campaign on RPoL

Post by Yaztromo »

In case somebody is interested, there is a Barsoom campaign currently running at RPoL: http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=70638&date=1538187919
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Barsoom campaign on RPoL

Post by Big Mac »

Thanks Yaztromo.

It looks like the campaign is called "Tunool Marshes" and that it started on 24 Oct 2017.

The GM is called Jaddak Aslani and the blurb for the setup of the game is this:
Tunool Marshes at RPoL wrote:This will be our starting location. Once I find it on the AFF (Advanced Fighting Fantasy rules, Barsoom edition) map pages, I will pass it along. I recently reread Princess of Mars last year. It was last century when I last read most of the books, so I will be digging about to find them. I will be using A Guide to Barsoom by John F Roy, once it arrives from Ebay. It has both canon & non-canon material.

This story starts about 50 years after the Princess of Mars. The last 10 years has seen these primary rumors appearing, disappearing, rising yet again.

More than one atmosphere plant ?? One plant does not make sense logically, since everything ages over eons of times. It would be smart to have more than one, but where are they ?? No one has found anything yet.

A 10th ray has been discovered. While this idea has come & gone a lot, it just keeps returning. As do the possibilities of what it can do, wild descriptions, & behaviors that flit about. Much as does the local gossip.

A green martian has secretly united 1/3 of the tribes. They are always located on the part of Mars furthest from your city.
I've not managed to work out what rules they are using for the game, but Jaddak did mention Advanced Fighting Fantasy there. Maybe they are using that.

What's the canon like for 50 years after Princess of Mars? Are there still novels set in that era?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Falconer
Hill Giant

Post by Falconer »

Well, Llana of Gathol has got to be at least around that time, since Llana is John’s granddaughter. This is a great book which revisits a few of the areas from the original trilogy and gives you updates on them. It’s also hilarious!
Beggar’s Canyon 90s Star Wars
Old School Trek Star Trek TOS+OSR
Knights & Knaves Alehouse Old School GYGAXIAN games

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Falconer wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 am
Well, Llana of Gathol has got to be at least around that time, since Llana is John’s granddaughter. This is a great book which revisits a few of the areas from the original trilogy and gives you updates on them. It’s also hilarious!
I don't know any of these novels.

Rather than derail this topic, with offtopic questions, I've started a separate topic called: Best novels, comics, etc to get into Barsoom?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

This story starts about 50 years after the Princess of Mars. The last 10 years has seen these primary rumors appearing, disappearing, rising yet again.

More than one atmosphere plant ?? One plant does not make sense logically, since everything ages over eons of times. It would be smart to have more than one, but where are they ?? No one has found anything yet.

A 10th ray has been discovered. While this idea has come & gone a lot, it just keeps returning. As do the possibilities of what it can do, wild descriptions, & behaviors that flit about. Much as does the local gossip.

A green martian has secretly united 1/3 of the tribes. They are always located on the part of Mars furthest from your city.
I believe that these rumors and backstories are introduced by the game master, rather than by canon novels.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

This game has the "requesting players" flag on, in case somebody is interested.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

This game is using this ruleset: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=20780

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

This campaign just passed its 2,000th post.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

This is probably a good time to join the campaign...

Return to “John Carter of Mars”