[Greyspace][Greyhawk] Free Neogi

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Greyspace][Greyhawk] Free Neogi

Post by Big Mac »

Page 21-24 of War Captain's Guide, from the War Captain's Companion boxed set, lists an organisation called "Free Neogi, Oerth":
Chapter 3 Spacefleets of the Void wrote:The Free Neogi are a strange lot. Traversing exclusively in Greyspace, this large company exists solely to haul cargo from one location to another for a hefty price, or so they want tyou to believe.
There is more there, but it's mostly nerdy stats, so I won't type more unless it's needed, but this bit is relevant:
Chapter 3 Spacefleets of the Void wrote:The company refers to itself as the "only neogi Free Traders in existence." Whenever this company makes a stop on Oerth, the neogi allow the docking officials to inspect everything.
I do know there is an adventure, called Neogi Nest, inside WGR2 Treasures of Greyhawk. I'm not sure if this is the same trading organisation, or if WGR2 created a second lot of neogi.

I know that there was a drink called neogi rum in New Koratia, so that could be possible evidence that the Free Neogi trade there.

Has anyone seen any other mentions of neogi on Oerth?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: [Greyspace][Greyhawk] Free Neogi

Post by ripvanwormer »

"The Wreck of the Mindspider" in Lords of Madness is a short scenario involving a crashed neogi ship, starting on page 101. It's set on Oerth only insofar as Greyhawk is the implied setting of the book. There's some info on what Neogi think of various Greyhawk gods on page 98.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

ripvanwormer wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm
"The Wreck of the Mindspider" in Lords of Madness is a short scenario involving a crashed neogi ship, starting on page 101. It's set on Oerth only insofar as Greyhawk is the implied setting of the book. There's some info on what Neogi think of various Greyhawk gods on page 98.
Thanks Rip.

I was just looking for a topic about that, to update my top post. I could have sworn we would have had one, but we don't.

I concur with you on generic branded 3rd Edition books being implied to be in Greyhawk/on Oerth. I think you said this before (and a long time before me) but with 3e having Forgotten Realms branded books, Dragonlance branded books and "core" books that have Greyhawk elements, it makes sense that they are Greyhawk content by a process of illumination.

That Religion section seals the deal! :cool:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

GMWestermeyer
Frost Giant

Post by GMWestermeyer »

Big Mac wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm
...it makes sense that they are Greyhawk content by a process of illumination.
I know that was a typo or autocorrect but I still love the phrase. :D

Return to “Greyhawk”