[Realm Works] Flanaess in 3000 pixel squares…

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

[Realm Works] Flanaess in 3000 pixel squares…

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Anna Meyer has just published a special version of her Greyhawk map resized into 3,000 pixel squares, for use with Realm Works:
Flanaess in 3000 pixel squares…

Just finished my latest project, so today I used the day for some Flaness work I had on my agenda – bite sized squares for use with Realm Works. Each square is 3000 pixels across and will come in several varieties, first out is terrain only. This set will be followed by squares with hexes, symbols and text. This so you can have unmarked ones for player maps and other with everything. Legend and credits and heraldry are removed to show as much of the map as possible. They are made using my raw high resolution and then compressed into JPG’s for best results. Each square are around 1MB in size, so they should fit into your RW campaign.

You can grab them here in zip format or from my GHSYNC Bittorrent Share. The next set will be ready in a few days.

She is working on six different versions of this map. As I post this, only the first one is up, but keep checking her Flanaess 3000 pixel Squares page for the other versions:
  • Terrain only (148MB)
  • Terrain with hexes (coming soon)
  • Terrain with symbols (coming soon)
  • Terrain with symbols and hexes (coming soon)
  • Terrain with symbols and text (coming soon)
  • Terrain with symbols, text and hexes (coming soon)

EDIT: These maps have now been moved to the Flanaess Map Download Page.
Last edited by Big Mac on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Realm Works] Flanaess in 3000 pixel squares…

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 pm

I don't use Realm Works (not yet anyway).

Can anyone tell me what someone would do if they were running a campaign in Realm Works, and they wanted to transition off of the edge of one of these squares? Does it work a bit like moving between the zones in World of Warcraft? Or has nobody ever made maps for Realm Works as large as the multi-part maps that Anna Meyer just made?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Argentmantle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:17 pm

That's just a very intense labor of love. I forget if she is GreyChick or that is Marissa...

Anyways, I demand that we create a piece like that for ALL of the Pholgiston!!! But honestly, she did amazing work.

So, it seams a bit at the edges... but at the level of detail with these, who cares. There is a slight lag. I have RealmWorks but never really use it. I wish I could donate the subscription to someone to try it out or use it. I might try to start using it though and see what a project like that would take...
Argentmantle
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:14 am

Argentmantle wrote:That's just a very intense labor of love. I forget if she is GreyChick or that is Marissa...

Anna Meyer writes under the name Anna (at least she does here).

I would love to see her post a little bit more here...but I do get to chat a lot to her elsewhere, so I can't complain. :)

Argentmantle wrote:Anyways, I demand that we create a piece like that for ALL of the Pholgiston!!! But honestly, she did amazing work.

There is already a fanon map of the Phlogiston out there. :)

I have actually been thinking about hiring Anna to do a map of one of the worlds of Spelljammer, for a while now. Back when she used to do her Greyhawk map part-time, a bunch of GH fans clubbed together and donated enough cash for her to stop working and do the Flanaess full time. The only problem is, there are lots of Spelljammer worlds out there.

Argentmantle wrote:So, it seams a bit at the edges... but at the level of detail with these, who cares. There is a slight lag. I have RealmWorks but never really use it. I wish I could donate the subscription to someone to try it out or use it. I might try to start using it though and see what a project like that would take...

It certainly isn't a "mistake". And Anna already makes bigger maps that cross these zones. I was just wondering how a GM using Realm Works normally deals with this sort of thing.

If you are going to donate your Realm Works subscription (if you can) maybe you could find yourself a GM to run an online game you want to be in and still use your account to fund your own game. That way, maybe you can still get some personal benefit out of the cash you spent. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Giant Space Hamster » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:50 am

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Mystara conversation split from this topic and turned into a topic called I'd love to see an Anna Meyer map of Mystara in the Mystara forum.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Postby Big Mac » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:12 pm

These maps have now been moved to the Flanaess Map Download Page.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Khedrac » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Just the images on the download page look beautiful! Lovely work.
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".
Khedrac
Ostego

Return to Greyhawk