High Rez GH Folio Oerik Map?

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

High Rez GH Folio Oerik Map?

Postby Hunter_Maddox » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 am

Does anyone have a version of the old GH Folio unlabeled Oerik map?

I've been scouring the web for a larger high rez copy of the GH Folio Map & no luck; I've been considering using the GH Folio map & just placing Blackmoor, the Duchy of Ten(h) in proper positioning; then place the other realms elsewhere. That said, I have also been looking over the Old 70s GH maps & have been planning potentially to use them as a base for a hand drawn map. Right now these are my two options I am working with in the mapping phase of my Blackmoor/Greyhawk campaign development; but I'll discuss that in another thread.
Hunter_Maddox
Orc

Re: High Rez GH Folio Oerik Map?

Postby Hunter_Maddox » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:13 am

Can the mods move this to the Greyhawk forum? I accidentally posted it here instead arrgh.
Hunter_Maddox
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Hunter_Maddox wrote:Can the mods move this to the Greyhawk forum? I accidentally posted it here instead arrgh.

I'll report your post, to flag it up for a moderator to move.

(You can report your own post, if you ever accidentally do this in future. Just explain the situation in the report, so the moderators understand why you reported your post. Nobody is going to ban you for misposting. :) )
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Icarus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Hunter_Maddox wrote:Does anyone have a version of the old GH Folio unlabeled Oerik map?

Hey there, Maddox!
A couple of questions, for you:
  • What is the "unlabeled" map? The one that I have has all the nations and whatnot labelled. Are you just referring to no additional labelling?
  • What do you consider "high-rez"? 3000 x 5000 pixels (42" x 66")? More? Less?

Also, for the forum, at large:
Would it be legally permissible to distribute a high resolution image of these maps like this? I mean, it was in a product that wasn't freely distributed, so, I don't really know if something like this has been released anywhere.
"And he did fly,... and he was seen on the wins of the wind."
My online Gallery of Artwork. Take a look at my illustrations!
Icarus
Bugbear

Postby Dread Delgath » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:18 am

I don't have a link* right now, but I know that Anna Meyer on facebook has been working on Greyhawk maps for a few years now. They are highly detailed, and there may be pdf/jpgs of the hex map from the Folio/1983 boxed set available from associated links at that site.

(*But I can find one given time.)
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Postby Icarus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 am

Here's a couple of links to the GH Maps to which Dread Delgath is referring, above:
Fantasy Maps by Anna Meyer
Flanaess Geographical Society Facebook Group
"And he did fly,... and he was seen on the wins of the wind."
My online Gallery of Artwork. Take a look at my illustrations!
Icarus
Bugbear

Return to Greyhawk