[5th Edition] Greyhawk gods in 5E

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

[5th Edition] Greyhawk gods in 5E

Postby Big Mac » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:11 pm

I just saw that Greyhawk Grognard is converting the gods of Greyhawk to 5e stats. This was posted back in October: Greyhawk gods in 5E. Here is the start of that blog post:
Greyhawk Grognard at Blogger wrote:As I've been posting my progress on my Greyhawk 576 material for 5th Edition, someone asked if they could see a list of all the deities I'm planning on including. So here it is, subject to change, of course. Names marked with an asterisk are already done, with full write-ups including a unique divine domain for clerics who choose to take it, rather than one of the standard divine domains. (Where applicable - a couple of gods don't have clerics, only druids, but since Oerth has two moons, there's a Circle of Luna and a Circle of Celene.)

He has put asterisks on the deities have not been done yet. There are only these eight left:
  • Merikka
  • Myhriss
  • Stern Alia
  • Stratis
  • Velnius
  • Wenta
  • Zodal
  • Zuoken

The Baklunish gods have been left out of this project, but Stratis, who hails from the Sundered Empire (and who was dead in the 3rd Edition Era) is there.

It looks like this Greyhawk 576 document is not going to get published (unless/until Greyhawk gets released to DMs Guild) but you might like following along.

Is anyone else working on anything similar?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [5th Edition] Greyhawk gods in 5E

Postby Greyhawk Grognard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 am

Slight correction - the Baklunish gods have not "been left out of this project." Just the ones that weren't listed in the original Gold Box. So Istus, Geshtai, Xan Yae, and Zuoken are all on the list.

Joe / GG
Greyhawk Grognard
Goblin

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 am

Looking forward to watching this project develop further.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Dread Delgath » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 pm

This is good news! I've boycotted a lot of Greyhawk stuff since the 90's, but 576 Greyhawk is my Greyhawk, and I love to see anything to do with that era!

Will you post updates on your progress here, Greyhawk Grognard?

(I can't get notifications from the subscription (atom) service from any single blog I've ever subscribed to, as I live in my email inbox which forums always send notifications of new posts to).
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.
Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Postby Greyhawk Grognard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 am

Dread Delgath wrote:Will you post updates on your progress here, Greyhawk Grognard?

Unfortunately I don't tend to frequent forums very much these days, Delgath. If and when there are any major announcements, I'll certainly make the rounds, but regular updates are probably going to be relegated to the blog, or the Facebook page (link on the blog).

Joe / GG
Greyhawk Grognard
Goblin

Postby Dread Delgath » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 am

Greyhawk Grognard wrote:
Dread Delgath wrote:Will you post updates on your progress here, Greyhawk Grognard?

Unfortunately I don't tend to frequent forums very much these days, Delgath. If and when there are any major announcements, I'll certainly make the rounds, but regular updates are probably going to be relegated to the blog, or the Facebook page (link on the blog).

Joe / GG

I'll have to keep my ear to the rails then. Thanks for doing this. Sounds fantastic!
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.
Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Return to Greyhawk